Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Carkim's 72 Set Up on Ebay?

Isnt this the set we fought so hard for Carlos to keep...I was kind of surprised to see it up there. What happened?

EO

Comments

• Options
    EO,

Carlos listed it as a way to promote the registry. Check out this thread where they discuss it:

Link
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    EO,

Actually I plan on taking it down either today or tomorrow.

Carlos
  • Options
    So as not to cause a stir...I took it down.

Carlos
  • Options
    Oh, no need to take it down, I just wanted to make sure you were keeping the set...everyone pitching in to help you keep that set is what this hobby should be about and it really touched me...you should always keep the set, not only b/c it's such a great set but b/c it is a testament to the quality of the people on these boards.

Eric
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to see you took it down Carlos. Nobody will get upset with you listing it. If you happen to sell it at the ultra inflated price, more power to you. If you already took it down, I guess it's too late. How many views did your auction get? Mine's up to 449 so far.
  • Options
    John,

My set was at 357 views before I took it down. I also got about 5 (lighthearted) emails from people saying they will give me 52,000.00 even (instead of 52,019.72). I receive a few emails stating they like the set, and one from someone asking about the registry. So all in all I am glad I listed it.

However, I took it down because If one person comes out and says something, then at least 10 people are thinking it. I don't want to make any waves.

Plus, as one emailer put it, "What will you do if Branca or Merkle snag this set". I don't think either of them would be interested but someone out there may just be that crazy.

Carlos
  • Options
    John,

I see that your set has been viewed over 600 times. WOW

Carlos
  • Options

John,

Your 69 Brooks Robinson checklist card is listed as a 9. It might get more play if properly listed as some might think a 9 is out of their price range and a search for 8's will not turn up this card.

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    Wow, 600 times a set was looked at.

That is great. I listed my 1949 Bowman partial set, and I am only up to 259 so far...image

1949 Bowman completely graded partial set

If anyone might be interested, please drop me an email.

rruth@comcast.net

Thanks
    Rob Ruth
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Vic. I also received an email from a fellow 69er alerting me to the problem. It's now fixed.