Home U.S. Coin Forum

What should I send to ANACS... fast!

airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have $28 as a credit at ANACS that I have to use by January 6...

Do I want to...

A) Send this buffalo $20, 5-day express service and eat $5 or so on shipping:

B) Send the buffalo and a few toners such as these economy, eat a few $$$ in fees, and then wait 2 months:

HELP!!!!!!!

Jeremy

PS- Adding this... I could send the toners as moderns to NGC with someone else and actually only pay $11 each for grading, whereas I think ANACS would be $12
JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments

• "B"
    Glenn
  • "C" let me send in a coin.
  • None of the above....nice colors but I think I'd keep them raw and find another coin in the collection to send to ANACS
    If you want to slab the toners to make them more marketable...go elsewhere.
    I like ANACS...just sent them an 04 Morgan to look at....and I think they'd give you a good look...but it's all about acceptance if you're thinking of selling
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANACS does an outstanding job on moderns but the market doesn't know or care. Send in something older, preferably circulated.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, I consider "moderns" to start with 1925, the year extensive hoarding of rolls seems to have really gotten its start.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is, I have very few coins that there is any reason to have certified... most of the stuff that I might even consider is sitting in my type album right now... only recently have I been buying coins that were more than even, say $20... more recently, more than $50 or $75...

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    send the buff in and forget about it.

that

or call and ask them politely to extend your time limit. They are pretty nice people.
  • BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    With the $28 credit, you may want to look into sending the buffalo, and the 68-s proof out on the 5 day service. You'll probably eat $5-$10 in shipping costs.
    I think that's what I would do.

I'd also ask them for a small extension if possible, so you can gather up more coins.
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    uhhh ....send in the Buffa-Lincoln

bofuvum!
  • BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    How did you get the credit? If you have nothing you really want to send, call up and ask if they'll issue an extension. Never hurts to ask. Also doesn't hurt to say you're saving up money from your paper route for a submission, or something along those lines...
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With the $28 credit, you may want to look into sending the buffalo, and the 68-s proof out on the 5 day service. You'll probably eat $5-$10 in shipping costs.
    I think that's what I would do. >>

5-day express is $20 per.

Jeremy

PS- I got the credit since I got screwed on my last submission image

PPS- Calling seems like a genius idea image
  • BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    I paid $15 a coin for 5 day express last submission. Maybe because I had a bunch of coins? I didn't even ask if that was the regular rate, or bulk rate etc....

If it is indeed $20 for just a couple of coins on the 5 day submission, then I'd ask for the extension, if that didn't work, I'd just send off that buffalo. image

Don't procrastinate the next time!!! I know us guys like to do that though. image
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file