Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Soviet Silver

Can anyone help me out identifying Silver coins of the former Soviet Union? Both circulation coinage and bullion? Besides the olympics coins image Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Yeh.. just post your scans and "please be patient", as LordM used to say..image
    N. N.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrmm,

Looks like my post conveyed the wrong messege lol. I'm actually trying to find out which circulation coins of the Soviet Union were silver, what content, what denoms, what years etc...

Sorry for the confusion...Just got home a bit ago from a 10 hour drive ugh.
  • Options
    O'k no problem!

I'll try to help you, Gladiator! The problem is that all web-pages (which I know) with info you want were written in Russian. I have at home books at that topic, also in Russian--- a lot of info, I can try to transalate you, but only for specific coins. Another way if you have Krause book you can get that info there.
    I'm enclosing here link in English, actually it is Russian Goverment Bank link and it is excelent, the only problem is that it covers only coins from 1992, actually it isn't USSR, but Russia. Also I'll try to find another links, sometimes even in Russain you can get at least scans and some info.

BTW, looking at you car I don't think you can ever get tired from driving...image

Here the link:
    Russian coins database (from 1992.. up to day)
    N. N.
  • Options
    I don't find good links just now, but as far as I remember I have some info at home and hope that wiil be able later to write you something.
    In general circ, coins were minted in 1920-th and include 50 kopeks and 1rouble of "clean" silver, seems that other denominations were only 0.4 or 0.5 parts of silver. I'll try to check it in nearesr future.
    N. N.
  • Options
    Scans are nice but may not be crucial. Just describe each coin by denomination and date.
    Collector value of a coin depends on date, mint mark (if any), number minted and condition of a coin, including amount of wear, any dents, scratches or cleaning. You might also try a library for a copy of the Standard Catalog of World Coins for pictures, values and lots more interesting info.
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile