Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Now that's fast grading....

With the Lebron craze I was interested to see how long it would take for a SPX to be graded Gem Mint (black edges could be difficult)

Didn't take long at all....

This person bought the card on December 22:

Lebron SPX Raw

And it's already listed as a PSA 10 today:

Lebron SPX PSA 10

Now that is some FAST GRADING!!!!!!!
CB4

Comments

• Options
    interesting card...is that supposed to be an autograph?
  • Options
    Yea...that's an auto....I think it reads "Show me the money"....or "I'm the next Jordan"....
    CB4
  • Options
    LOL.....it has to be one of the ugliest auto's I've ever seen.
  • Options
    I don't know if anyone figured this out yet, but, look at the first two "letters" of his autograph. Looks like 23 to me...

-Ian
  • Options
    Looks like $23.50...or the price for each auto he signs....
    CB4
  • Options
    The PSA10 auction says that the card is "pack fresh", but there is no mention of that in the raw auction, so how can the seller be sure.

Also, technically, isn't every card at one time "Pack Fresh?"
    Always wanting odd-ball Nolan Ryan's.
  • Options
    "Pack Fresh" is one of the most retarded descriptions used. What if the pack was in a damaged box? Or what if I opened the pack back in 1985 and put it straight into a toploader...wouldn't that be technically "pack fresh"??

For example I recently opened a box of 1992 Classic 4 sport. These cards are glossy on the fronts and the back. The coating on most of the cards had caused them to stick together and resulted in damage when separated from each other. Therefore every card was "pack fresh" but worthless just the same.
  • Options
    Geez, it's already high enough. What happens if Lebron turns out to be the next Jerry Stackhouse? You know, really good, but not great! That card won't be worth 1/4 of that in 5 years. My #1 rule is, don't buy rookie cards in their during their rookie year!
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options

<< <i>what if Lebron turns out to be the next Jerry Stackhouse >>

Or Vince Carter
  • Options
    It might help that he's from the "OC". Was there a Saturday walk in this past weekend? Maybe overnight and one-day grading?
    Seems hes already made some scratch.

<< <i>With the Lebron craze I was interested to see how long it would take for a SPX to be graded Gem Mint (black edges could be difficult)

Didn't take long at all....

This person bought the card on December 22:

Lebron SPX Raw

And it's already listed as a PSA 10 today:

Lebron SPX PSA 10

Now that is some FAST GRADING!!!!!!! >>

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I agree the sig stinks.
    Regarding the fast grading, no doubt the seller paid for the same day service, so he could market the graded card before people come to their senses. This kid has to average 40 points a game and win a championship by next year for these cards to increase. If he averages 20 points for a sub par team they will fall in price as the demand lessens and everyone jumps on next years Superstar to be...jay
  • Options
    When athletes sign contracts with Upper Deck or any card company, there should be a rule where autographs must be signed nicely and not just scribbled! Example, after an athlete is done signing his name 1,500 times, the auto sheet should then be carefully inspected before being processed.

That Lebron James card may be a PSA 10, but the auto is definitely not!