Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

upperdeck president's edition

Hi. This is my first post in the sportscard & memorabilia forum. I have been collecting cards alot longer then I have coins and I was just curious about a card I got in a pack a few years ago. It is a 1999 upperdeck sp top prospects card # 104 of Calvin Pickering. It is also card # 10/10 in the president's edition. I could never get any information on these cards via price guides and I was wondering if these cards are popular or just another artifical rarity.
I still collect insert cards with my sons. Mostly autographed cards, some game used stuff. I also enjoy going to some autograph shows with my kids. My oldest son is 13 and his favorite player Willy Mays. I guess he is old school. M y next oldest is 11 now and just felt great telling Hank Arron a joke and making a few of the stars laugh.
I guess I am rambeling but I was just curious about the one card. thank You Joe image

Comments

• I faintly recall these cards back when I was collecting rookies in the late 90s.

Is the card 'shiny' with a serial number stamped on it somewhere? It's a rarer version of the card and carries a premium to the base card. Sometimes in the back of a Beckett guide, they'll list these 'minor league' sets with a guide. I haven't bought a Beckett in a long time so I don't know if the recent ones have it listed. They used to be worth a bunch, but I'm guessing they aren't anymore- esp. for Pickering.
  • i remember them, they were in 1998 UD SP top prospects. the were silver foil, numbered to 10, and die cut. these used to be big money items with the Travis Lee and Rick Ankiel selling for a few hundred each. now that many of the top players have fallen out of hobby favor, the prices have dropped. book value would be $10 or so for your card

• << <i>Hi. This is my first post in the sportscard & memorabilia forum. I have been collecting cards alot longer then I have coins and I was just curious about a card I got in a pack a few years ago. It is a 1999 upperdeck sp top prospects card # 104 of Calvin Pickering. It is also card # 10/10 in the president's edition. I could never get any information on these cards via price guides and I was wondering if these cards are popular or just another artifical rarity.
    I still collect insert cards with my sons. Mostly autographed cards, some game used stuff. I also enjoy going to some autograph shows with my kids. My oldest son is 13 and his favorite player Willy Mays. I guess he is old school. M y next oldest is 11 now and just felt great telling Hank Arron a joke and making a few of the stars laugh.
    I guess I am rambeling but I was just curious about the one card. thank You Joe image >>

Chuck it up on Ebay, you might get some decent funds for it.
    Eddie Murray, Will Clark and Darin Erstad collector, check my wantlists for what I need.
    http://www.clark22murray33.com
  • Thank You for your opinionn and advice. imageimage
  • Almost 2 years but it made it to the bay.

finally
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    Auction ended with a whopping 99 cents
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • You have a forbidden word in your message post. Please click the back button in your browser and remove this word from your post. The words that are forbidden are highlighted for you.

I killed them on that one. The same buyer won this auction. And this auction. And complained I only knocked $2 off shipping. Total to send it was $7.50 for postage, ins. & delivery confirmation. $12.49 for 13 graded cards. He actually pays .50 over shipping. Between e-bay fees and pay pal I'm losing but he wants to b*t*h. I sold them as a true auction starting low but I guess you can not make some people happy. If he hit the lottery he would say" Your going to make me pick up the check?"