Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

New to the board

Howdy.

Im new over here. Have been checking it out for a few weeks before I joined. Look forward to meeting and chatting with many of you here and sharing info on the PSA Registry.

wishing everyone here a happy new year.

josh
Eddie Murray, Will Clark and Darin Erstad collector, check my wantlists for what I need.
http://www.clark22murray33.com

Comments

• Options
    Welcome!
    www.LloydWTaylor.com
    Vintage Baseball Cards
    Sales and Ebay Consignment Service
    email
    Lloyd_Taylor_Vintage_Cards -- on Ebay
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Josh,

Welcome image

What hobby shop did you use to work at?

Carlos
  • Options

Hi Josh,

Welcome to the boards.Always nice to have new blood.

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    Josh

Welcome to the boards.image

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options

<< <i>Josh,

Welcome image

What hobby shop did you use to work at?

Carlos >>

Best In Baseball Cards (Dean Fox, owner) in Rochester Minnesota while I was in college

thanks for the welcome everyone
    Eddie Murray, Will Clark and Darin Erstad collector, check my wantlists for what I need.
  • Options
    DhjacksDhjacks Posts: 343 ✭✭
    Welcome! And a Happy New Year to you too! Don
    Working on 1969 through 1975 Basketball.
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Welcome

Great and very detailed website...
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    Welcome aboard! I'm new, too. This board rocks!
    Scott
    1966T, 1971T, 1972T raw and in 8s
    1963T Dodgers in 8s
    Pre-war Brooklyn 5s or higher
  • Options
    theplasticman....

Josh.....Uf-da....

Now go back to the hobby store you worked at , and ask Dean to drag out all his Kellogg's cards. Carefully look each one of them over and report directly back to me if any good ones pop up...LOL

BTW...Welcome to the boards!!

Cheers!

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Josh....welcome to the board. Man, I wish I could have worked in a card store. I had to pay my way through college by working in a liquor store right after High School. I had to sort empty beer cans (i.e. Busch, Miller, Schlitz) into separate bags. I constantly smelled like old, stale beer. Even joining the military was an improvement over that job.

Anyway, again welcome to the board.

John
    Gold Coins
    Silver Coins

e-bay ID: grilloj39
    e-mail: grilloj39@gmail.com
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Welcome aboard. I must warn you though that I am one of the few sane voices on these boards. Most of the people posting here are certified lunatics, doing time in prison or both. You would be well advised to disregard most of what they post.
  • Options
    Welcome!!

I am a former Rochester exile myself. Spent 4 long winters there.

I think you will enjoy this board.

Greg
    Buying 1964 PSA 9 Baseball
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards, man!

Checked out your webpage...
    BTW, I always liked the '78 Topps Murray -- it was one of those cards
    that I pulled from a few packs in my childhood. Whenever I see it
    I'm reminded of sitting on the floor as an 8 year old kid, sorting
    out my cards into teams on the carpet, while the Tigers game played
    out on the TV.

Oh, and since you've been checking out the board here for a couple
    weeks, you already know not to listen to Vargha. image

Chuck
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    Hey Josh,you sent me a very well organized want list of Eddie Murray and Will Clark cards.You can post your website link inside your sig line when you get the hang of this joint.

You've come to the right place to work on those enormous lists you sent me.

Nice to run into you here too.

Welcome.

• Options
    Welcome...........................image
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Welcome to the boards....the Uprok Website is pretty cool. (link is on his my eBay page).
  • Options

<< <i>Welcome

Great and very detailed website... >>

my card site is a bit ugly looking. Im building a new (maybe Flash based) one soon. Just not sure. Need it to load fast and not be too tricky for those kind souls who will look over my lists image
  • Options
    Minibeers - Yes, I agree its nice. Ive been kinda annoyed at how hypercritical people are at another board, Beckett.com. People get grilled over there image

King Kellogg - haha, well I live out in Seattle now... 1900 miles away. He has a website you can reach him at www.bestinbbcards.com I think his Ebay ID is "bestinbbcards" as well, though not certain. Let me know if you ever scratch up any extras on PSA 10 Murrays. Ive got 9s in 78, 80, 82, 83.
    grilloj39 - yeah it was fun to work in a store. Mighty challenging to "sell" and just generally work in retail. I liked most of it and the other part just wasnt fun at all. Even though I really didnt like to try to sell to people much I always did very well. One customer (very cool dude to boot) and I totaled up about $28k over a 2 month period. It helped out my collection quite a bit and gave me extra money to even be able to spend on cards while in college.

Vargha - haha ok. Two words for ya GO PACKERS image

OhioTaz - really from Rochester? when? we moved out west about 2 years ago. I sorta miss the mall shows. Dont miss Face The Music's card section though!

CW - thanks for checking that out. I really like that card myself. Almost took the plunge and bought a PSA 9 rookie a few days ago but my wife wouldve killed me. That one may have to wait a while.

RobE - thanks man. I figure I'll run into a few people from Ebay and other spots. Hopefully I can keep nailing stuff off my lists. 2003 has been a good year. Im praying for a 4-6 month gap of little new card releases that include Clark and Murray so I can just catch up on other stuff. I did just buy another Will Clark collection that has probably 100-200 cards I dont have.

dbj77 - thanks, nice gun.

Basilone - yeah, I worked for that company for 3 years and took it to the top. We sold a few hundred thousand albums, had dozens of #1 singles, charted a mess of albums in CMJ college radio charts and even had one of our videos on MTV TRL. Now Im working as a Publicist for hire. Starting a bit slow but it is picking up and I should be able to dominate in my field pretty quickly if the basic funds continue to grow (gotta pay those bills!).

thanks everyone. Its seemed much more friendly here and I dig that.
  • Options
    PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭

Welcome Josh!

I have a real admiration for dedicated player collectors like yourself. Keep up the good work.

Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.
  • Options

<< <i>Welcome Josh!

I have a real admiration for dedicated player collectors like yourself. Keep up the good work.

image >>

Thanks Bernie.

Its a lot of fun and keeps me sane. I need the escape as my day job is pretty high pressure and fast paced. Im pretty goal oriented as well, so that certainly helps out.

Cant wait to get my murrays up and kicking! I think Im up to almost 50 that are 9 or better.