Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Set Registry Luncheon Invitation

This morning I emailed the following invitation to all Set Registry members:

Dear Set Registry Member,

As a valued member of the PCGS Set Registry program you and a guest are invited to attend a Set Registry Luncheon at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Long Beach, California. This hotel is adjacent to the Long Beach Convention Center where the Long Beach Coin, Stamp and Collectibles Expo will be held from January 29th - February 1st.

David Hall, PCGS President, will give a brief discussion about the Set Registry in 2004. Also, meet other collectors and members of the PCGS staff.

Date: Friday, January 30, 2004

Time: 1-3 p.m.

Beacon A Ballroom - 4th level
200 South Pine Avenue
Long Beach, California 90802

Please RSVP BJ Searls, Set Registry Manager, by January 16th.
mailto:bj@collectors.com

We look forward to seeing you in Long Beach!

If you did not receive the email, then you either do not have the correct email address in our database or you do not have an address listed at all. I encourage you to update your account by clicking on the HELP link which appears on the bottom of every PCGS web page and then clicking on UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFO. In the meantime, however, please email me directly at bj@collectors.com to let me know if you will be attending and if you will be bringing a guest.

Thanks!
BJ Searls
bsearls@collectors.com
Set Registry & Special Projects Director
PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com

Comments

• DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    BJ,

I would like very much to attend the luncheon, but won't be able to. Would you please place my lunch in a 'to go box' and forward it to my home address.

Thank you.

PS

If I have a choice of pie or cake for desert, I'll take the cake.

Dan
  • mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there. I just RSVPed you.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could be there, but with 92 inches of new snow to play in I am a little busy. Hope you are also planning one for the ANA again.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

<< <i> ...but with 92 inches of new snow to play in I am a little busy. >>

Good grief! image
    Dan
  • TEST
    COLLECTOR AND DEALER FOR 45 YEARS LIKES MINT STATE MERCS AND WALKERS I HELP BUILD REGISTRY SETS.
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    I'm there with bells on my toes......(Xmas theme response)
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

Isn't there a set registry luncheon at FUN ?

Stewart
  • CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stewart,

I guess a reception at the FUN show wasn't in their budget for 2004, but I'm sure they'll have a booth where they can charge $100 for same day grading.

I was looking forward to some kind of organized event so Registry participants could become acquainted. I enjoyed the one during the 2003 FUN show. Can't make it to Long Beach or the ANA, so I'm SOL. image

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!

• << <i>David Hall, PCGS President, will give a brief discussion about the Set Registry in 2004 >>

Oh, I'm soooo excited! imageimage

Will he be answering questions as well? I got a couple.

Michael
  • I am still waiting for you to send me my plane tickets and hotel reservations. If they do not get here in time I will not be able to attend.image
    Bill

09/07/2006

<< <i>Will he be answering questions as well? I got a couple. >>

He's got a suprise guest too, Louis Eliasberg. Together they're going to explain how Louis has been adding to his collection over the past couple of years. image
    Dan
  • BJBJ Posts: 393 mod
    Due to the fact that there were many west coast members who could not travel to the FUN show last year, we felt it only fair to hold the winter luncheon in Long Beach this time. We will, of course, host other luncheons in Florida in the future.

We will be at the FUN show with the "Battle of the Bands" display of Mercury dimes. These are the great collections of Joshua II and Apollo. Please stop by and say hello. Both Gayle Kean and I will be attending the show.

For those of you who missed the ANA Luncheon, David Hall not only spoke, but took questions from the floor. He will do so again at the Long Beach luncheon. The discussions are always lively!

I hope to see you in Long Beach!
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
    Set Registry & Special Projects Director
    PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
    PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com

• << <i>David Hall not only spoke, but took questions from the floor. He will do so again at the Long Beach luncheon. The discussions are always lively! >>

I have a feeling not quite as lively as they are going to be this year! image

Hmmmm, now where did I put that list of questions to ask David Hall if I was ever locked in the same room as him? image

Oh, that's right, they're filed under "G" next to the list of questions I have for God!

Michael

• tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see Michael is reverting back to his old grouchy self.

• MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Hi BJ, and thanks for the invite but I cannot attend. Thanks for the lunch in Balto last summer and David did a great job with the questions. I see we have a rough after Xmas crowd hang in there.