Home U.S. Coin Forum

Still baffled by these 1936 proof "tribute" sets . . . look at the COA!

DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been shocked by these sets selling for over $100 (even without the "bonus gift") in the past. But look who signed the "Certificate of Authenticity."

And by the way, this extra special set is "unopened."

Link to Auction HERE

Doug

Comments

• PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    Probably just someone making money on a familar name.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Those are sweet. They should get a PT Barnum commen with every set.image
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Not this crap again...

Unopened! .999 pure silver and copper!

National Collectors Mint

If Barry Goldwater, Jr. gives it his approval, It must be good!

Funny;

<< <i>Hello, you are bidding on a 1936 SILVER PROOF SET TRIBUTE. This set is still in its Original Unopened and Sealed Envelope and comes with a C.O.A.
    Composition.... .999 PURE SILVER AND COPPER

Condition....PROOF

Diameter....19.68 and 30.04

Series....AA

Release Limit....750

Registration....000277 >>

• Did you look down a little further in the listing? They are trying to play ignorant. They are saying that they will include a 1990 Prestige set for free. And it even includes the 1990 "no S" cent. They can't be that dumb! Can they?
    A 1943 copper Lincoln will still only buy a gumball out of the machine, but you can purchase the machine and the store with that same cent.
  • DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's pretty subtle . . . trying to hook people with a benign reference to the "No S" proof set.

Bad, bad seller.
    Doug
  • 3 day return on professionaly graded coins. I assume that means no return on these. Joe
  • islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Was Barry Goldwater Jr. or Sr. the politician or maybe I read that non-govt paper wrong?
    YCCTidewater.com
    This is his son, who was also a politician. I think he owns the mint that makes many of these "tribute" and "proof" coins. You can check out the products at www.nationalcollectorsmint.com.
    Doug
  • nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    Geez..I'm embarrassed. I think I'll become a Democrat after all these years.

nankraut
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how all the coins have S mintmarks, since they were all originally minted in Phili...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

I love how all the coins have S mintmarks, since they were all originally minted in Phili...

except for the Lincoln cent in the 1990 Prestige Proof Set !imageimage

You can buy three of these sets direct from the manufacturer for $99.00. Watching them go for $100 or more each on e-bay just punches my button.
    Doug
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

WOW! I never thought about putting the two together! Same seller!!!!!
    Doug

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file