Home U.S. Coin Forum

any good finds on the week , wild change hunters need apply

not much this weekend in the land of the rite aid.

1940 nickel g6
1953D wheat g8 (passed on)

1969 A series $100
1969A series $10
and a 1963 A series $1

oh yea and a few canadian metal objects.
Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3

Comments

• I picked up $100 in halves at a bank I've had great luck with in the past. I've had rolls with multiple 90% and 40% silver halves before and even got a walker one time!

This time in 200 coins, I got three 40% silver halves: 1967, 1967 (nasty scratches) and 1969D. I also picked up a couple coins my son needed for his date set.

I didn't win the lottery, but it was fun. image

Rob
    Rob Joyce - Dollar Variety / VAM Collector
    http://www.vamworld.com
    and
    http://www.rjrc.com
  • 09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    I recently found two Roosies. One a grease filled die and the other struck out of collar.
  • AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    I got a 1952-d Washington in change at the bowling alley last Saturday! It's been years since I've seen a silver quarter in change, much less a 1950's quarter. image
    I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!
  • 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, my girlfriends girlfriendimage needs to sell her dead mothers stuff. In among the million silver spoons and bells there is 350 lbs of mint, proof sets and rolls(40's-80's). I counted 50 blue packs for 71 alone. I should be able to find a couple good things in that. Looks like I will have to get a membership now.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Wait, wait wait. Back up a minute here.

Did you say your girlfriend's girlfriend?

We ARE watching you.

• lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    Went to several banks looking for half rolls today. I scored 7 of them. Found 1 coin from 1965, but I think that's it. Are the coins from 1976 anything special? Found 2 of those. The rest were a mix, but half were from 1971.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • 1976 halves are kind of like the state quarters: Everybody saved them. Unless they are utterly perfect, they are best given to a kid to get them excited with a coin they probably have never seen!

1964 and before are 90% silver. 1965-1969 are 40% silver. There are some interesting varieities and a some later years with low mintages as well if you want to get into the series.

Rob

Rob Joyce - Dollar Variety / VAM Collector
    http://www.vamworld.com
    and
    http://www.rjrc.com
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I got an 1976 25c AU50 in change today
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Just got home from visiting the folks for the weekend. Dear old dad always has a bag of stuff he's pulled out of pocket change. It had been close to a year since I was home last. This little horde included about fifty wheaties. Mostly '50's, about a half dozen '40's and '30's, one 22D and an 11. also included were one buffalo, three mercs, one liberty nickel and one indian head (all common dates). Made me feel like a kid again.
  • lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    I brought home four rolls of quarters today, and my kids went crazy. They tore apart the wrappers on the kitchen table, turned them all over to pick out the different State designs, pulled out their miny hoards, and it was a lot of fun. We saw 2 `76 quarters in the bunch. I was amazed how well the face on the obverse is preserved.

I have yet to see the Alabama quarter reach Hawaii.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • found some Jeffersons tonite - a 1938, 2 fifties, and what appears to be - in a bank roll - an uncirculated 1961 - was the prettiest coin out of the 8 rolls - even the 03. It was so bright and mark free, I immediately dropped it on table like a hot potato to avoid fingerprinting. It is soooooo much fun to find pretty new OLD coins like that! Guess that was my find of the nite - even over the 38! Cheap thrills image

I also got in an old book of forties Jeffersons that I had gotten on eBay for dirt, and there are some really pretty toned beauties in there. Can't wait 'til mornin' lite! Guess they have been in there 50-60 yrs. There were a couple of beauties however that had a little green pit hole in them - image darn it - anyone have a clue what I can do for that. Was thinking of just putting a little mineral oil on toothpick to keep it from growing - but don't want to mess up the toning in the process. Please advise if you have a clue what I can do. It's just that the toning is so pretty, that I want to preserve it, as is.
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to 7-11 today for a pack of smokes. Asked the cashier if he had any dollar or half dollar coins. I got two Kennedy Halves, 1964 in AU"ish" condition and a 1965 in same condition image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file