Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Taking a trip from Ohio to Florida, looking for something to do on the way...

I'll be driving from Dayton Ohio to Port Richie Florida sometime in February. I'm won't be in a big hurry and thought if there was a coin show or a nice coin shop close to 75 South I might set some time aside to stop.

My schedule is flexable and I plan to drive unless I get a really cheap plane ticket. I haven't driven to Florida for about 10 years and thought driving might be a nice change of pace.

Dan

Comments

• Options
    Dam,
    Don't have any info on your question, but had to respond.

My wife and I are leaving Belpre, Ohio tomorrow for Daytona Beach, FL. We will be there for a month, soaking up some sun, so I probably will venture over to Orlando for the FUN show.image

Enjoy your trip.image
    Gary
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    The infamous Baltimore Coin Show is at the beginning of March.Depending on your route and departure time.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At that time of the year I'd just come straight to FL. On a plane. K
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Nothing going on in February along 75 South?
    Dan
  • Options
    nothing in the Cincinnati/ Northern KY area. No good coin shops. The only good show is in Sept.
  • Options
    1957Joe,

The Drawbridge show? I haven't been to it for years, I'm always in Canada.
    Dan
  • Options
    ttt
    Dan
  • Options
    Hey DAM, the last weekend in February, there is a show here in Lakeland, you have to take I-4 to get here, but it's not to far back from I-75, maybe 30-45 minutes or so... only about an hour to get there from Tampa... Mapquest Map. The Lakeland Collectorama Show @ the Lakeland Center, 700 West Lemon, Lakeland, FL, 33801, February 27-29, A: $3 (Though i thought it was free... *shrug*), 125-150 Tables, $125-$500 for a table, if you need phone and contact info, I have it right here. Hope you can make it!
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    1957joe, from what I understand that "Sept" show is going to be twice this year. Padgett is supposed to be running one in April this year. Same location.
  • Options
    1957joe1957joe Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Dan,
    The Drawbridge show isn't in Ft. Mitchell anymore. It moved to Sharonville about 2 or 3 years ago. Too bad too because it was about 2 miles from my house. Now it is about 30.
    Joe
  • Options
    1957joe1957joe Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Conder,
    I hadn't heard that about there being a show in April too. I hope so. I have a wad of cash that I want to spend!!!!!!!!!! (I wish)
    Joe
  • Options

<< <i>The Drawbridge show isn't in Ft. Mitchell anymore. It moved to Sharonville about 2 or 3 years ago. Too bad too because it was about 2 miles from my house. Now it is about 30.
    Joe >>

That's even closer to me now. I didn't know it moved.

When is it in Sept? I'm usuall in Canada for 2+ weeks in Sept and always missed it. ld be a good excuse to go to Dave and Busters too!

Thanks George. Depending on when I go, that's just what I'm looking for.
    Dan
  • Options

<< <i>Hey DAM, the last weekend in February, there is a show here in Lakeland, you have to take I-4 to get here, but it's not to far back from I-75, maybe 30-45 minutes or so... only about an hour to get there from Tampa... Mapquest Map. The Lakeland Collectorama Show @ the Lakeland Center, 700 West Lemon, Lakeland, FL, 33801, February 27-29, A: $3 (Though i thought it was free... *shrug*), 125-150 Tables, $125-$500 for a table, if you need phone and contact info, I have it right here. Hope you can make it! >>

Collectorama is a neat show.
    Dam, send an email to Ed Kuszmar (show owner) with your name & address and ask him to put you on his mailing list for that show. You'll receive a show reminder and free pass about 1-2 wks before the show.

send info to: EdKuszmar@aol.com
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file