Home U.S. Coin Forum

Kennedy registry set on TT today?

Is someone selling off their set. There are some heavy coins listed: 64 PR69 Dcam, TWO 71-S PR69 Dcams, and lots of PR70 Dcams (77 thru 03 including the type II's).

Looks like mostly very nice coins. The 64 has a print on the reverse, and one of the 71's (looks recently holdered) is weak, but overall a VERY nice set of proofs.

64 PR69 Dcam

8-digit holder#
71 PR-69 Dcam

7-digit holder#
71 PR-69 Dcam
Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor

Comments

• Wow, nice looking coins. That weak 71-S looks identical to the one I have in right now for slabbing at PCGS. That grade would be a nice New Years treat....Ken
  • DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Ken,

I've got a few submitted too. Good luck to us.image
  • WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭✭
    JFKs aren't the only series - appears to be quite a few runs in all denominations from cents through halves.

OK all you Kennedy freaks...I've heard quite a bit here about a 71-S in 69DC. What will something like that go for?
  • DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    The last three sold at Heritage did $2500 each (roughly).
  • 71-S in 69DC. What will something like that go for? ...If I get one like that graded, it will be used for my registry set. Need to put more heat on those other collectors...Ken
  • I have one myself hopefully going in to get graded shortly. The coin has to make a little trip to NCS first have some haze at 6 o'clock on the reverse removed. The coin appears to have some cam breaks on the eagle's head though. After conservation if it doesnt look to bad it might go to PCGS, but I have a feeling that it will stay raw. Good luck on your current submissions.
    Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
    AIRBORNE!
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    My guess would be that it's The L.I. Collection.

Heard a rumor a while back that they were looking to sell.

Russ, NCNE
    The 1964 in 69DCAM got bid to $1900 and ended "not sold". This owner has pretty unrealistic expectations in relation to current market reality.

Russ, NCNE
    Looks like it may have been Honeycutt's set. He's gone from the registry. But, some of his uber high grade ultra expensive stuff wasn't listed.

Russ, NCNE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file