Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1953 Quarter From Original Mint Set..........

Yes.........That is a finger print image
ANA Member R-213302

Comments

• Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
    Even with the finger print, thats a nice Washington.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    Nice coin, I found this one in a 58 mint set:

Jacki

• Options
    Craig,

It depends on how you hold the coin. If you hold it "just right" in the light you can't see it image

Jim
    ANA Member R-213302
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Very pretty coin... The print is a shame.... This one looks like it has strong Luster.....

I would have it graded....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they said. The coin is really handsome, despite the print. And if, as you say, the print is only evident when viewed from a certain angle, then it might be possible to live with it.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know of a non-proprietary way to effectively remove a recent (not an old 'etched in' one) fingerprint on a nicely toned coin like this...without disrupting the toning?

Edited to add: I really like the look of this coin, but the print just ruins if for me. Without the print, this would be a 'warm and lovely' looking coin. The '58 on the other hand, doesn't do much for me. Too much color or too dark IMO. I like at least a little bit of silver shining through on my toned coins.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    I could convince myself that this fingerprint was just an unusual "toning pattern."

• Options
    TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
    Fingerprints usually bother me, but I still think the 53 is pretty. Nice luster. Attractive toning.
  • Options
    I think that I would give that coin a soak for about 30 seconds in MS70 to see if the print was affected. Be sure to rinse with water...I use distilled water for rinse.
    Gary

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file