Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Please keep multiple offers to one thread.

Comments

• Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Pretty funny Russ! No I do not do that but you ought to know as you either know of have an opinion on everything. Well over 20,000 posts geez what a dud!
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ
  • Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

bump once again
  • Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

bump once again image
  • Options
    SM1, Thanks for the effort to keep the boards less cluttered. (I was surprised
    by the mass of single item threads earlier.)

Are there any stats kept on how long a thread can last before it get's hijacked;
    and how many times it can get hijacked for a different topic??
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a ttt for the "best!" image
    Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    What is ttt?
    Young Numismatist that collects: Morgan Dollars, SAE, Proof Sets, and Liberty Nickels.
    I also love to go through rolls to find coins.
    BST
    MySlabbedCoins
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To The Top (TTT)
    Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    People are OBLIVIOUS to this
  • Options

<< <i>People are OBLIVIOUS to this >>

I don't think so. Some people choose to ignore the guidelines, but I really don't think that the worst offenders are oblivious. They are just selfish and self-centered.
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    I guess the selfish & self-centered need another reminder.
  • Options
    you mean HTUBBS, WALLSTREETMAN, and GREGTHE GREAT????????????????
  • Options
    I was, but I stand corrected, these are all TTT of previous threads. Although someone created their 2 on the same day, the other 2 created their threads on different dates, so technically, they are all within the board's guidelines.
  • Options
    no matter Aija

some of these people don't pay any attention even after being asked and continue to make multiple threads whether they were at the same time or not.

I guess it's WAY too hard to edit an old thread with NEWPS and TTT it.

I noticed the one newer guy lists something and TTT's it multiple times and then starts another thread for another item and TTT's it and so on and so on.

I'm to the point where I don't check here much anymore because of the inconsiderate posters.
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    ttt for some newer people
  • Options

<< <i>ttt for some newer people >>

• Options
    People are OBLIVIOUS to this

Or just don't care.

This was TTT'ed because 2 veteran members & a newbie had multiple threads on page 1, then after that a newbie TTT 3 threads of his own, all of them a WTB threadimage

This means 11 of the top 20 threads are taken by 4 members.......
  • Options
    "MEMBERS"

hit that nail on the head.image
  • Options
    Pretty funny goose.
    Took me awhile to get it though....

• Options
    TayTayTayTay Posts: 465 ✭✭
    "What are you putting that tape on your nose for?"
    "Exactly."

• Options
    I think this thread is due to be seen today.

Look below....image
  • Options
    #1 Oh my, this is an old thread!
    #2 Anyone that can live for 2 years on one sale is not to be trusted.

Sorry Mod.
    Couldn't resist,
    Louis
  • Options
    TonedCoinTraderTonedCoinTrader Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭
    XXX

Toned Coins for sale @ tonedcointrader.com
  • Options
    GTOsterGTOster Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    TTT
    Some people just don't get it
    Paul
  • Options
    I ignore merchandise for sale from people who post mass/multiple threads. They are inconsiderate,rude and stupid. Mr. Sportsmoderator you need to stop this----start naming names on the board and give public warnings. That's the only way this will stop.
    Larry
  • Options
    Dukie101Dukie101 Posts: 1,313
    It continuesimage
    Larry
  • Options
    ttt
    Young Numismatist that collects: Morgan Dollars, SAE, Proof Sets, and Liberty Nickels.
    I also love to go through rolls to find coins.
    BST
    MySlabbedCoins
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageHere we go again.
    Larry
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Is it ok if you use one thread for multiple coins. Does the color of

the thread you use make any difference?
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dukie: These are all new threads that I just created this evening for new coin listings. I have found that separate listing ads are more effective than combined threads, since some folks only read the thread titles...

I will only rotate one of them up to the top on a daily basis. I wanted to be sure that Bear got a good look at them all!! image

Have a great Saturday Night!! image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Stuart, I have thirty coins for sale right now. So what you are saying is it would be OK for me to create 30 different threads?
  • Options
    Eric: Back Off Buddy!! I don't give you advice and you sure better stay out of my business!! Do you understand??

If you want to create 30 threads and bump one up to the top per day that's fine also!!

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

• Options
    Excuse me, it is my business when you push off other FS posts by abusing the guidelines here. Read the original post, it was posted by a moderator here.
  • Options

Hell I could have started 16 threads on my stuff but have only 1 and have sold 5 items so far.

• Options

<< <i>Hell I could have started 16 threads on my stuff but have only 1 and have sold 5 items so far. >>

Doesn't matter to Stuart. Rules and guidelines don't apply to him.
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's with all the Segs, PCI, and ACG crap anyway? Yes I said CRAP . IMO of course.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    Stuart,as my Mom used to say"in all love and kindness" please combine your threads into one listing as Eric has done, and many others here on the board. You have nice coins and I belive, I have bought a couple from you. The point is, It's not fair to others, as their post are bumped down the line sooner when people(and not just you) post multiple threads.
    Larry
  • Options
    Eric: As I said in my previous post -- If you want to create 30 threads and bump one up to the top per day that's fine also!!

Based on your caustic posts interfering with others' business and disparaging others, if you want to start w 3-way teleconference with SportsModerator1 about being a good forum participant, bring it on buddy!

I'll ask SM1 to speak with us both and will set up the conference call. Just be aware that I will discuss your continued rude interference with other's threads, and how you butt in to others' business, and how many forum members have sent me private messages supporting having you disciplined by the forum moderators.

If I were you I'd smarten up from your previous experiences where others have resorted to actions against you... Remember I told you that it's a good life experience to make friends not enemies.

Stuart

• Options
    Dukie: Thanks for your civil words and comments. I will only bump one of these threads to the top per day, which I believe is within the forum rules.

I have no issue with you, and appreciate your guidance. I have no time for Eric, and do not appreciate anything that he has to say.

Stuart

• Options
    << What's with all the Segs, PCI, and ACG crap anyway? Yes I said CRAP . IMO of course. >>

StMan: I have a few SEGS & PCI coins listed on the BS&T Forum which are dulplicates that I wish to sell. If you don't care for them, then you may choose not to buy them.

You and Eric need to learn to respect others and not disparage their coins or their reputations. Make friends not enemies image

Stuart

• Options
    Keep on dreaming Stuart. These are open forums. If you post something, I have every right to criticize you for your continued BS, such as manipulating images before you ever see a coin, lobbying other members to post to your never ending "new purchase" threads, and your pompous, arrogant and condescending attitude. Your posting multiple threads here is just another example of you doing whatever you please here regardless of the rules or guidelines.
  • Options
    Eric: Get a life! And go away -- you bother me!

Stuart

• Options

<< <i>If you want to create 30 threads and bump one up to the top per day that's fine also!! >>

Once again as K6AZ pointed out, it is NOT.

<< <i> Mass threads are just not fair to others. Also they do not need to be TTT'd 9 times a day. >>

SM1's starting post to this thread because of rude people hogging the board with no consideration for others.

Stuart, your smug elitist I can do as I please attitude SUCKS and you need to heed your own advice.

<< <i>Remember I told you that it's a good life experience to make friends not enemies. >>

You can start by keeping your item(s) to one thread and showing some consideration for the other members that post here.
  • Options
    Stuart still doesn't seem to comprehend posting multiple threads here at the same time is not accepted. And he is whining to the moderator about me! image
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice Stuart. Please refer to me by myself and not with K6az. I was only concerned about the Segs, PCI, and ACG stuff because I always see this board fry sellers that sell this kind of "STUFF." I'm only going by what I learned from you folks. But I'm sure YOUR "STUFF" is PQ+++++++++++++++ Good luck to you.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    Stuart, what are you talking about?
    You obviously have it backwards (as far as I'm aware of). It is ok to TTT your thread(s) once a day, but hopefully you only have one to TTT.
    Like many others, I have one thread with many coins in it.
    Would I like to have one thread for every coin to get the most exposure? Sure I would, but I know that's not right, so I don't do it.
    You must know it's not right either, but you still do it!image

Dukie, you're being too kind. Because you've met/dealt with Stuart? So have I, but you have to call it as you see it. Here's what you said a few weeks ago.
    "I ignore merchandise for sale from people who post mass/multiple threads. They are inconsiderate,rude and stupid. Mr. Sportsmoderator you need to stop this----start naming names on the board and give public warnings. That's the only way this will stop."
    So, is Stuart inconsiderate, rude & stupid? I'll agree with inconsiderate.

As for Bunker.....WTF????!!!
  • Options

Bunker is ok. he's new and took care of it.

What cracks me up Ajia is people that have been here for years still ignore the etiquette on pretty much a daily basis, whether it's starting multiple threads or TTT'ing multiple threads. (I see someone TTT 2 threads almost daily for items for sale and really there's no reason not to put them all in one thread)

we all get to use this for free and we all get some pretty good deals on here at times and we deal with a pretty darn SAFE bunch of people to deal with so why not show some courtesy towards everyone?????????????

Goodnite! bedtime here!
  • Options
    Goose, Ajia, STMan and Dukie: Thanks for your advice. I can admit when I've made a mistake, and I have combined all 4 of the new threads into one combined thread to conform with forum rules and good forum etiquette.

I probably overreacted to good advice because of Eric's past intrusion and interference, but you other folks are good people whose opinions I respect.

I hope and trust that this meets with your approval.

Stuart

• Options
    thanks Stuart,

see it wasn't THAT hard!