Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Finally made it to Current Finest Canadian Dollars(1935-1952)!

Now all I need to do is become #1 of all time! First thing is get rid of that 1948 in AU and replace it with a 63+, that ones gonna cost me!
You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!

Comments

• Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Congratulations!!imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    Thanks Mark, are you doing the Registry thing, what set are you the most proud of?
  • Options
    There's no Registry set for the set I'm most proud of -- and I doubt there will ever be one. I've been working on a complete date/mint set of German colonial issues in BU. The most challenging part is the German East Africa set, which comprises just over 100 coins. Of this, I have almost all of the minors and the main really challenging area is the 1/2 Rupies, which are really hard to come by in uncirculated grades. I've nabbed high-grade examples of the rare 1894 1 Rupie and both 2 Rupien; I haven't gone for the gold 15 Rupien yet and am still challenged by some of the 20 Heller varieties. Altogether, though, I only know of one set better than mine outside a museum. I only have an AU-55 Kiao Chau set, but they're superb and BU is truly challenging there as I've only seen about 3 all told (each snapped up just before I found out about them). I haven't really pressed the German New Guinea issues. They're common enough that I tend to wait for the "right" piece.
    Askari

• Options
    If I come across some of those 1/2 Rupies, I,ll let you know! I,ll tell PCGS I want to see your set Registered!
  • Options
    Unfortunately, they'll likely be the 3 most common dates, all of which I have. image
    Askari

• Options
    What are the Key dates?
  • Options
    For the GEA 1/2 Rupie, the ones I lack are the 1901, 1907J, 1913A, 1914J. I'm much further along on the 1/4 Rupie, lacking only the 1906J & 1913A. The 1 Rupie are a mixed bag: I need 1898, 1899, 1905A, 1909A, 1911A, 1912J, and 1913A; all of these have mintages of about 300k or less. My other big hole is, surprisingly, the 1 Hellers. I only have half of them. They turn up all the time in the same 5-7 date/mint, but the others are hard to find in most any decent circulated grade, much less the BU I'm seeking: 1904J, 1905A, 1905J, 1906A, 1906J, 1909J, and 1913J. I know several of the top dealers, who are looking out for me, but the material just isn't there (or gets snapped up quicklyimage).
    Askari

• Options
    I,ll print this, and keep my eyes open!
  • Options
    Thanks!! image
    Askari

• Options
    I wonder how deep this scratch is? 1911 A RUPIE
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Looks like it's been lost in the bush for quite a while. That's tarnish, not toning. The long scratch goes all the way across the bust, but seems deepest in the left field. Obviously well-circulated, too. The asking price is about what VF would run.
    Askari

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭✭
    Link to wsm's set?
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Is it the Gregory Collection?

Let me know when you need to sell your 1948. image
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    Yes, sorry, the 48 is already spoken for! Gregory Collection
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Great going WSM! image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    Heres one you need 1905 A
  • Options
    Thanks, David(farthing)
  • Options
    Thank you, but it's not BU and that's the challenge I've set for myself.
    Askari

• Options
    WSM I'm surprised you didn't buy the 1952 NWL $1 PCGS MS66 (Pittman) which Michael Walsh sold in his auction recently....that's the only dollar you are missing now, and that is one of the best examples around.
  • Options
    Didnt know about it!
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭

<< <i>WSM I'm surprised you didn't buy the 1952 NWL $1 PCGS MS66 (Pittman) which Michael Walsh sold in his auction recently....that's the only dollar you are missing now, and that is one of the best examples around. >>

I'm sure that went for a pretty penny, eh?
    Obscurum per obscurius