Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

***U.S. Free Listing Day -- 12/26/03***

Straight from the source:

***U.S. Free Listing Day -- 12/26/03***
Date: 12/25/03 Time: 08:09:19 PM PST

Jumpstart your New Year with a Free Listing Day on the U.S. site (www.ebay.com) on Friday, December 26th, 2003, starting at 00:00:01 PT (12:00 AM plus one second) and ending at 23:59:59 PT (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds).

During the U.S. Free Listing Day, the insertion fees for all Auction-style, Fixed Price, and Store Inventory listings will be $0.00 on the U.S. site (www.ebay.com), including Motors Non-Vehicles listings. This includes listings created prior to December 26th, 2003 but scheduled to start on December 26th, 2003.

All other fees (all other insertion fees, Final Value Fees and Listing Upgrade fees, such as Buy It Now, Featured Plus!, Subtitle, Highlight, Bold, Gallery, Gift Services, Scheduled Listings, Gallery Featured, Homepage Featured, Reserve Fees, eBay Picture Services, extended duration fees, etc.) will still be charged.

For Store Inventory listings, the first 30-day insertion fee will be free. Extended duration fees will still be charged. If you list with Good 'Til Canceled (GTC), you will be charged the current standard GTC listing charge at the beginning of the next 30-day cycle.

Motors Vehicles, Live Auction, International, Real Estate, Ad Format, and Professional Services listings are excluded from the U.S. Free Listing Day. Listings created during the promotion on December 26th, 2003, but scheduled to start after December 26th, 2003 will also be excluded.

Take advantage of this offer by listing through the Sell Your Item Form, Turbo Lister, Seller's Assistant, Seller's Assistant Pro, and third party tools.

We hope you enjoy the U.S. Free Listing Day. Thanks for a great year!

Regards,
eBay http://www2.ebay.com/aw/marketing.shtml?ssPageName=f:f:ann:US

Comments

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the last free listing day (a long time ago), we had talked about listing some of our registered sets to promote the registry. With all the crap that gets thrown up on eBay during free listing day, it's doubtful people would be upset with high grade sets listed with astronomical minimum bids. And who knows, maybe a few will sell at the rediculous prices.

What do you all think about the idea? For example, I'd list my #3 1969 Topps baseball set (8.14 GPA) at something like $69k minimum bid with a description about the set registry and PSA forums.
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    In every single auction I run with a PSA graded card I make a note pertaining to the registry, as well as direct viewers to click on the about ME icon where there is a link to the Registry page and a few of my 1980 sets.Sometimes I wonder if that is partial to the amount of Team sets that have been created from that set.

I'm always suggesting and sending links to people I deal with for the registry.I have a feeling in the future you will see another 1980 set for the Cardinals and Dave Kingman.Possibly the White Sox, as well....

• Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    gem,

Good idea!

Can you post an example of what the description would read?

Carlos
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Alright, I listed a few with no scan and a fixed price. What have I got to lose except the time it took me to do it?
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    You can always add the scan later on under a revision.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    Well, I joined the club.

I do not have it registered as of yet. But when I finish it, providing it does not sell I will do so.

I have listed my partial 1949 Bowman BB set on EBAY. So far, I have 194 of the 252 cards for the set. It has taken me a while to put together, but I figured what the heck. If someone wants to pay the price I want for it why not.

My Partial Set

I have also been giving thought to listing my 1955 AA Set as well.

My 1955 AA Master Set

Your thoughts?

Rob
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Rob,

Seems like you have lost some enthusiasm for the 55 Topps FB set with now two sets being ranked higher. If you want to keep an excellent set but take some money out of it, I would consider a deal where I would buy certain of the 9s and you take back the 8.

I would also buy any of the 49 Bowmans you have in 8 that I need at an attractive price to you.

Odds are remote you will find a buyer on ebay for either at an attractive price to you.

Jim
  • Options
    Jim:

Thanks for your thoughts. I will seriously keep that in mind.

I haven't really lost that much enthusiasm in the set. It is just that I see the guy with the deeper pockets getting into the set, and pretty soon the little guy like me won't be able to afford many more top end cards.

At the moment, I am thinking I will probably end up breaking it up later this year. Buying a house has largely been in the back of my mind for a while now. What better way to come up with a very nice down payment.

Thanks again.

Rob Ruth
  • Options
    Here would be an example description:

Title:

1969 Topps Baseball #3 Ranked PSA Set

Minimum bid:

$69,000

Description:

You are bidding on a complete set of 1969 Topps baseball cards. The set is complete and 100% graded with an average GPA of 8.13. The grading report is as follows: PSA 10 = 1 card, PSA 9 = 87 cards, PSA 8 = 566 cards and PSA 7 = 10 cards. There is also a recent upgrade of one of the 10 remaining PSA 7's to a PSA 9 (#211 Galen Cisco) which will also be included.

The set includes many tough, low pop cards including a perfectly centered PSA 8 #85 Lou Brock, a PSA 9 #52 Mike Andrews (pop 1 with only 4 8's, making this the toughest card in the set), a PSA 8 #78 Tom Satriano, a PSA 8 #83 Mike Ferraro and a PSA 8 (formerly SGC 92) #110 Mike Shannon. All the star cards are graded PSA 8 or higher. The entire set contents, as well as several scans of individual cards, can be viewed in the PSA set registry at the following URL:

#3 All-Time Finest 1969 Topps Baseball Set

This set took me over 15 years to get it to it's current condition. Although this set is being listed more to promote set building and the PSA set registry I am willing to sell this set at, or above, the minimum bid. And now the legalese...Serious bidders only. Please do not bid if you do not intend to purchase the set. Any bids from ID's with feedback ratings of less than 50 will have their bids immediately canceled unless prior approval for bidding is requested. Non-paying bidders will be reported to eBay. Shipping and insurance will be $150. Payment is due within 7 days after the close of the auction. Shipment will be held for 5 working days if payment is made by personal check.

About the PSA Set Registry: The PSA set registry contains over 8,000 of the finest sets in the hobby covering the 19th through 21st centuries. Each PSA graded card contains a unique serial number which can be used to enter into the registry database. Complete sets consist of all the cards in a particular issue and year, all the cards of a particular player or team or other specialty. The registry allows collectors to showcase their work as well as provide a basis for comparing a set to the best in the hobby. Scans for each card can also be added to allow others to view the set. The set registry is located at the following URL:

PSA Set Registry

I plan to list the set later tonight. Any other suggestions for the description?
  • Options
    100 LOTS LISTED SO FAR AND STILL GOING STRONG

I have a feeling I will wake up tomorrow with a headache.

Carlos
  • Options
    Gem,

Okay, I'am in. My PSA promo set has been listed on eBay. I hope you don't mind, but I used your description form.

1972 Topps Football PSA set

Carlos
  • Options
    UllrUllr Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    Here's a clever attempt at taking advantage of FREE LISTING DAY. Upload blank auctions and edit them when you have the time.
    collecting '67 & '75 red sox + baseball HOF autographs
  • Options
    Start loading auctions in late November.image
  • Options
    DhjacksDhjacks Posts: 343 ✭✭
    95 items. The last few have pictures of the Philippines...to be fixed tomorrow.
    I'm pooped. That was way too much like work.
    Working on 1969 through 1975 Basketball.
  • Options
    Nice job on the listing Carlos. I'm having a bit of trouble with adding URLs to my listing. Is there a special html tag that you used for that?
  • Options
    HTML Tutorial

This is who I use.

Carlos
  • Options
    PS..................

gem,

Your signature line auction link does work.

Carlos
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    My thanks to Rob for the "heads-up". Two of my three lots sold in the first 24 hours. Best wishes to everyone on their listings as well.
  • Options
    All I can say is what an awesome day. Got 26 lots up (and saved probably in the vicinity of $30-$40 in fees), many of items I'd been waiting for a day like this to post. Only two bids so far, but all in all, good stuff.
  • Options
    ROB CONTRARY TO JIM CRANDELL'S (DAVALILLO) REMARKS, DON'T COUNT ME OUT. ALTHOUGH I AM 100% COMPLETE, MY CHALLANGE IS THE WHITE AND GREY BACKS FOR #1--#73. RON HOBBS
    TWINRON
  • Options
    Geez.

There are a lot of collectors named Rob around here.image

mmoin,it's great to hear you saved a bundle.

It cost me under $30 to list 600 auctions since I splurged on the BIN and a reserve.

So far 20 items sold and a number have bids so this was well worth the listing.

Congrats David!

Hope everything sells and everyone does well!

• Options

<< <i>PS..................
    gem,
    Your signature line auction link does work.
    Carlos >>

Here is the CORRECT link to Gemint's Auctions!

and here is the url if he wants to correct
    signature line....

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=gemint&sort=3&rows=200&since=-1&rd=1
    imageimage
  • Options
    DhjacksDhjacks Posts: 343 ✭✭
    Question.
    If an item from 'free listing day' goes unsold, you hit relist, and it sells the second time through, is it still free?

Or is this 'double dipping'?
    Working on 1969 through 1975 Basketball.
  • Options
    how often do these happen? So far the last few for me have always fallen on times when Im just slaughtered with work to do.

any way to find out when the next one is?
    Eddie Murray, Will Clark and Darin Erstad collector, check my wantlists for what I need.
    http://www.clark22murray33.com