Options

1969 Globe Imports?

Anyone know anything about these?

Thanks!
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    essentially black and white zeroxs about 1" x 2" in size.
    crude photos and the lowest possible quality.
    it was done as a plying card deck of 52 cards with each player representing one card (ie, jack of clubs).
    definetly not worth grading or including in a layer set IMO.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    MURCERFAN is correct, they are a novelty at best and they are very low quality. They are a deck of cards essentially w/ players photos in the middle, no stats or bios. They have very little value, even in PSA slabs as these completed auctions will verify...jay
    eBay PSA GLOBE results
  • Options
    I remember buying a set from a departement store in the early 70s.

Most, if not all, of the pictures on the cards are pictures of the 2' X 3' Sports Illustrated posters that were available at sporting goods stores at the times. I know, I had a couple of them on my wall at the time.

Keith
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    I know I had a set in a little plastic box, probably one of Mom's stocking stuffers back in '71 or so.
    I doubt even as a 9 year old, I would have bought them. I may have dumped them on e-bay along the way.
    If i find them I will post them as a give away.
    CF,
    intereting note about the Sports Illustrated Posters, never realized that, I remember them too.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    So far everyone is correct - these are horrible cards. I bought a Rose for 2 bucks when I was going after the Master set (got an 8) but when I received the card I had to laugh at myself. That was one of the main reasons I decided to leave the Master set.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    tacprctacprc Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Yes, interesting note regarding the SI posters. The image on the Pete Rose 1969 Globe Imports card matches both the 1968 SI poster and 1969 Nabisco card.
  • Options
    tacprctacprc Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Can someone post photos of a 1969 Globe Imports card with a red-and-white checkered back, as opposed to a normal blank back? Thanks. Chuck
  • Options
    whiteymetwhiteymet Posts: 16 ✭✭

Just Checked the POP report on these Globe Import Cards. 2244 grade but ONLY 41 of the red checkerboard backs! All are 1/1 except Mays with 2! These are SUPER RARE!

I have a group of them. Just sold ungraded Banks and another Mays to guys for their player set Registries.

Here is what they look like. Scan is showing a back of a 1962 Pittsburgh Exhibit and the Globe checkerboard below

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

have the gibson?

• Options

Yep Ace of Spades

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

selling?

• Options

YEP as I said I sold the Banks and Mays. There is a Mays on ebay now. PM here or on Net54 or ebay same "handle"