Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Interesting ~ EBay Powerseller "Triplexotica" was NARU'D

I wonder what happened to this highly rated Beverly Hills seller of bullion? image

Comments

• Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    He got NARUed for his annoying mouse booger.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Anybody know what he was NARUed for?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I believe it was Reserve Fee Avoidance. That user has since returned to active EBay status.
  • Options
    RickMilauskasRickMilauskas Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭
    Sorry but...what is NARU'd and Reserve Fee Avoidance??image
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got news for you all...that person is still in action on ebay and I know this because they are the high bidder on one of my auctions! Is this person "bad"? Should I ban them from my auctions? Why is this person not liked?

Click here and look at the high bidder!
  • Options

<< <i>I got news for you all >>

Read two posts above yours... image
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Read two posts above yours >>

yeah, yeah, yeah....should I be worried about them bidding on my stuff?
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry but...what is NARU'd and Reserve Fee Avoidance?? >>

NARU is an acronym for "Not A Registered User", which is eBayspeak for "banned".

Reserve Fee Avoidance is when somebody starts an auction really low but then has somebody else (or one of their own alternate ID's) bid it up to their unspoken reserve amount. At least I think that's what that means. Seems like it would be rather difficult to prove?

What I wanna know is what the "mouse booger" is, and how this thread from last Christmas suddenly reappeared at the top? image

<< <i>He got NARUed for his annoying mouse booger. >>

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>Seems like it would be rather difficult to prove? >>

EBay does a search after a complaint is launched (theoretically) and determines if an auction was closed near the end of the auction and then the indentical was relisted again. Repeated violations merit the NARU status (theoretically).
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What I wanna know is what the "mouse booger" is >>

It's an annoying icon that follows the mouse curser around.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>how this thread from last Christmas suddenly reappeared at the top? >>

Russ is mimicking clw54 in the role as "Thread Resuscitator"
  • Options
    I had no problem with Leo , he paid right away!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    NumisMeNumisMe Posts: 841 ✭✭
    The only problem with triplexotica is that he tends to close his auctions just before the closing time because the bids are not high enough.
    I personally reported him at least a dozen times for closing the auctions with less than a minute to go. image
    It is very frustrating !!!
    In at least one of those auctions, DHRC was the high bidder at the time the auction was pulled. I doubt that they were very happy either. image
  • Options
    CoppernicusCoppernicus Posts: 1,764
    Whenever I get to an auction with the mouse "trails" or animation, or colored scroll bars, etc., I hit the back button so fast it'd make your head spin!! If the item is worthwile, you don't need the tricks. The best coins with good pictures will sell themselves!!

My auctions are always plain, clean, simple and accurate. A good coin doesn't need hype.

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • Options
    I wont buy anything from him, I've just realized he has turned into a real Bozo!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    just outa curiousity, how does NARU'ing anyone affect anything, can they not simply just make a new account? or have other ones on standby? or do they block them by credit card/address?
  • Options
    Getting Naru'd usually means your locked out for 30 days.
    Repeated offenses get you Naru'd again. Eventually they ban you forever.
    Creating another account can be tricky as Ebay will cross-check addresses and such to ensure Naru'd users aren't trying that
    approach.
    Unfortunately there are ways around it. As is seen with shill bidders and such.
  • Options

<< <i>Unfortunately there are ways around it. >>

I reported one guy and had seven of his accounts NARU'D on the grounds that they were the same person who was previously NARU'D for fraud. Some months later his original ID returned to EBay as active and remains today. Typical EBay safe harbor.
  • Options
    Maybe not naru'd from eBay but I am pretty sure he got banned from the forums last night by SM1.
    Bill

09/07/2006

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file