Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Am I sitting on a $1000+ collectible here? Any guesses?

One of my customers brought in those Dodgers collectibles that I brought up last week on these boards. It turns out the Dodgers World Series Game 4 of 1963 Ticket was just a stub and had several bad creases, not as it was described to me over the phone. Anyways, this seems much more interesting. It is former Governor of New York Alfred E. Smith's free pass to any and all 1934 New York Giants games at the Polo Grounds. I talked to someone from Mastronet and sent him the scans to see if I'm sitting on something impressive. His name is written in cursive, but I compared it to some of his signatures and it doesn't match up. It still might be possible that he wrote his name a little more clearly in cursive to make it legible, but I would suspect that someone else wrote his name in. Anyways, this is the fromer governor's pass to the Polo Grounds for the 1934 season. I would imagine it has to be at least $100, but does anyone have a guess for similar items where it might be $1000 or more? If Mastro doesn't really want it I'll post it on a 10 day ebay auction next week. Thanks for looking and please share thoughts, Jason

Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com

Comments

• Options
    Well Mastro got back to me and told me that it wasn't his signature but it was still probably worth a few hundred dollars. However it's not something they need for their auctions.
    Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com
  • Options

<< <i>Well Mastro got back to me and told me that it wasn't his signature but it was still probably worth a few hundred dollars. However it's not something they need for their auctions. >>

Jason,

I would think that a representative of the "New York Baseball Club" - possibly a secretary - put the name on the front of this. They were probably all done at the same time before the start of the season and this person was most likely given the task of putting the name on a stack of passes. It would be interesting to compare it to another one issued to someone else from the same season and see if the writing is the same.

That's my theory. Anyhow, that's a cool item and I would bet that there would be some interest in it.

JEB.