Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1921 W551 10 card strip

I have the opportunity to purchase what I believe to be an authentic uncut strip of the entire 10 card 1921 W551 set. I have not been able to find too much information regarding this set. It appears that PSA has only graded 3 of the cards (2 Babe Ruth and 1 Ty Cobb) but there is no listing in the SMR. The few examples (previous and current) on ebay are pretty poorly cut.

How would I go about getting it authenticated? Any idea of the value of the entire strip if it is indeed real? Any advice would be appreciated.

I would love to post the scans here but I cannot figure out how.

Edited to ask: would this post be more appropriate on another board?

Comments

• Options
    Michael,

PSA only recently began grading these cards (and labels them as hand-cut), thus the low pops. Therefore, there is no data for SMR as of yet (not that it's stopped them from pricing zero pop cards in the past).

As far as pricing goes, SCD's Standard Catalog lists an uncut strip at $1,600 in NM, $650 in EX, and $325 in VG.

Email me the scan if you'd like me to post it - jeb@virtualizard.com.

Also, I see that you have posted this on the Vintage forum as well. That would have been my 2nd choice after the Set Registry forum, with this forum not even being an option. I would suggest posting it on the Set Registry forum as well if you want more info.

Hope that was helpful.

JEB.