Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1909 t206 need help with a card?

i just sent a card i got for grading. its a 1909 t206 jimmy burke card and its mint. it was sitting in a book for 70 years. if this card comes back a bgs 8+ or psa 8+. what would i get for it. and what is the best way to sell it? ebay? any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Maybe around $300-$400, give ebay a shot.

Ranch.
  • It's hard to get PSA 6 alone on these...so I'd say a PSA 8 or 9 would fetch a pretty good amount of money...
    e-mail me @ EHTHOCKEY@YAHOO.COM

Collecting all bowman chrome rc's from 2002 and 2003
  • With only 1 PSA 8 ever graded, I'm guessing you'll get more than $500 for it. eBay would be the quickest, easiest way. Offering it up on this board (or the Vintage or PSA Set boards) might not be a bad idea either (saves on posting time and commission costs).

Otherwise, if it comes back an 8 or even a 9 (!!!) I'd seriously consider consigning it to Mastro or Superior or another one of the larger auction houses.

Hope it comes back an 8 or better! Keep us posted!
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Well should be graded today some time. i went with bgs which i no i shouldnt have. but the highest bgs grade is 3.5 on this card. but someone told me a bgs 7 or 8 would sell for way more than a psa 7 or 8. is this true?
  • Hm, I haven't seen anything in T206 come across from Beckett before... though I can't say I look for them. I usually deal with PSA with my T206 collection. I have started to look at SGC and GAI graded ones, but I still prefer PSA.

Even if Beckett grades it, I'm not sure you'll get as much people 'seeing' the auction on eBay due to the way searches are probably done. (There are a ton of T206 cards out there on eBay... to narrow my search, I usually just search under "T206 PSA".)

Furthermore, if in fact it's a 7/8/9 type card, the heavy hitters for this set will most likely want it in a PSA holder. However, they might buy it anyways and just cross it over.

Anyways, good luck and let us know what it ends up grading!
    Yeah im reading the beckett report. here it is.http://www.beckett.com/grading/popreport.asp?action=showcards&txtSetName=1909+t206&sportid=1&setid=3881#results

888 1909 t206 cards graded by them and 6.5 is the highest grade of any cards sent to them. so i am hoping my card can top that 7 mark and maybe hit a 9.
    You know this su@ks!! i paid 44$ for the 2 day service on beckett grading and it says deadline today. but they didnt do it yet. and now there closed until friday. i should get a refund now!!!!! so many people told me dont deal with them i shouldve listened.
    well guess i got ripped off!!! grade was a 0.0!!! so is that mean its a reprint? an old couple sold it to me like 75 years old. said it was in a book for 70 years. i matched that card up to all of them on ebay. how can you tell if its a fake? please help?
  • BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    Tragic.
  • Bum deal! I'm guessing that means it's not authentic or it had evidence of trimming or something along those lines...

Hope you can get a refund for it! (though I wouldn't expect one)

Edited for this PS: Do you have a scan of the card? Most of us who collect T206 on the 'vintage or PSA set' boards could probably tell if it weren't authentic. It might even be easier to tell in this case since Burke isn't really a 'star' or HOFer. You can usually tell if it's a reprint right away (the white borders are too large). This would lead me to believe that it's been altered in some way.

I believe Beckett grades 'reprints' anyways: T206 Cy Young reprint
    oneguacho
    you have an email i can send you a scan of the card?i got it back they just didnt grade it. its not a reprint. didnt give me a reason. i sent a couple of other cards to them one was an auto. and i complained so maybe they just dont want to deal with me again.
    im thinking of sending it to psa. want to send you a scan see if you can tell anything. any help would be appreciated. Chris
  • Chris,

Post a scan of it here - that way everyone can give their opinion. If you can't get it to post here, email it to me and I'll post it - jeb@virtualizard.com.

JEB.
  • Here are the scans of the card in question that Chris sent me:

JEB.
  • corners look tapped will be lucky to get a 6 grade.
  • Looks like a PSA 6 IMO.

Paul.
    Check out my new web site: Monsters of the Gridiron
  • bottom border doesn't look right.
    I have 98$ into this card. that scan i gave is at 300 dbi's. so its not a normal ebay scan of 75 dbi's. card in front of you looks like an 7+.
    anyway im looking to sell it. there is a show next weekend. anyone think i can pull 150$ for it, or maybe like 2 boxes of sp legendary cuts for it?
  • KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    My guess is PSA 5 because of the staining on the front. Maybe 6, but PSA is very stingy with their 6's on T206's. Also, this is a minor leaguer which keeps the value down. Most PSA 6 minor leaguers will get around $90 on Ebay. Good luck though.