Home Sports Talk

Mike Tice..

See you later you MORON! Thanks for blowing the season buddy. Dan Reeves I hope you like Ice fishing.

A HUGE F you to the Vikings Coaching staff...

That is all..

Am I speaking Chinese?

Comments

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    yet ANOTHER Minnesota choke....lets review again...

twolves.....

ahh f it, what chokers!

JS
  • TOP...

F.U. Tice...Goodbye
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    <shakes head>
  • He has to recognize that he's a coach now, not a player. Kick that field goal and we're in the playoffs! Stupid. With a smart coach we would have easily made the playoffs. Oh well, Vike's go home! Always next year!
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!

• << <i>He has to recognize that he's a coach now, not a player. Kick that field goal and we're in the playoffs! Stupid. With a smart coach we would have easily made the playoffs. Oh well, Vike's go home! Always next year! >>

Tice has made many stupid calls in his 2 years, hopefully THAT was his last...
    Fassell, pack your bags...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• It all started on Monday night football, the last game of the regular season, 2001. Tice took over for Green, the Ravens needed to lose to get the Seahawks into the playoffs. With about 2 minutes left, Vikings down by like 4. they PUNT on 4th and 3 at their own 40.

I knew RIGHT there, this guy was an idiot. Even called a few talk shows saying that this was the worst hiring for a head coach ever. Cheap Red McCombs, thanks.

Always a Vikings fan here. Just waiting for a real team, like the Pats...

They NEED a real coach. Jim Fassell?

Who else?
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Ok, sit back and read...

I havent missed a game in over 4 years. Before that I may have missed 1 a year max. Lifelong fan, but my upcoming thoughts are concerning the Vikings Post 1998.

They have had 1/2 of what they needed to win the Superbowl any of those years, but never had a Defense. They have made meager attempts at fixing this obvious problem, but never the right moves. Mainly because they have made very poor free agent pickups. I mean they guys arent "Free" agents for no reason. They have past over MANY high first round corners in those past years, but went for players like Haayer, Mckinnie(who drives me nuts every game, HIGHLY toughted, but cant block a single spin. Also on his can every time I see him.)

Then, they hire Mike Tice. I remember his first NFL game. The Vikings vs. Ravens Monday Night Football, final game of the year. They had to win to put the Seahawks into the playoffs. Vikings down like 4 points I believe, Mike Tice calls a PUNT at MIDFIELD with about 2 minutes left. Are you KIDDING? Has he watched the Vikings D play before? This, right there, led to me saying great this guy is our new coach.

Dont even ask me what plays Im talking about, or that Mike Tice isnt the Offensive Cordinator, HE is the Head Coach. HE makes the WORSE Offensive CRITICAL calls of ANY coach I have ever seen. I try to wash most of them out of my memory, but being I saw at least 5 today that were insanely stupid, Ill question just those, today.

Your up what 7 points, your in the red zone and call a reverse to a guy that weighs 150 pounds. Mount Mckinnie blows another block coverage , Kelly Cambell gets destroyed for a fumble. Nice play call there Mike.

1st and Goal on the 2, after Burlesons nice 60 yd catch. They call 3 pass plays, luckily get the last one. Ever hear of running the ball up the gut? Wake up, a pick returned for a TD was very possible, this time it didnt happen.

SHOTGUN on 3rd and 1 from the redzone, Good LORD QB sneak Tice ahhh!

Going into the SOFTEST coverage ever seen allowing the Bears to drive 80 yards for a TD. This seems to happen WHENEVER the Vikings have the lead and are trying to hold it at the end of the game.

Passes over the middle, STOP dropping your MLB's back in coverage and KEEP them where they SHOULD BE. How many 5-8 yards passes up the MIDDLE do we see EVERY GAME? Come ON!

They need a Head Coach. Mike Tice would be a great O line coach, but he is NOT a good head coach. All I can hope for is a change after this season. They will go NOWHERE with this terrible play calling. Get him out , please. They still have many great Offensive years, now they need someone to drive that machine. Tice cant, he has continued to prove this. Some just can't see it.

That is all.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Lets face it. The Vikes have never been the same since the went indoors.
    Imagine if Green Bay built a domed stadium ? It will never happen.

I say give Tice a little more time.

P.s. They haven't drafted real well lately either.............

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • More time!? If I screwed up at work on a consistant basis like this guy, I would be in the lookout for a new job. Why should he get more time. ? Please answer that...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Hey guys.
    I agree with everything negative that was said about Tice--I'm not a Viks fan actually (9ers--I know they suck this year, rebuilding, they'll get there), but from a gambling perspective, he is the WORST coach! They cost me yesterday, last week against the Eagles (nice non-flag Tice, the Owens TD wasn't even close), and countless times last year. I know I do it to myself because I continue to bet on them (no always to win, many times just to cover) and they NEVER do it! Is it because of Dante or Moss? NO--it's always some idiot play by Tice! The guy is BRUTAL, and he really needs to go! Honestly, I don't see him lasting past the end of the year, unless they win a MINIMUM of 12 games, which I really don't see. And then he'll blow it in the playoffs anyways. So at least the good news is he won't be there much longer, you can bank on it!
    Jay
  • I hope so Jay. He drives me nuts. 9ers do suck by the way image

But they have their rings, so I hate them image

j/k
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    The reason why I would give him more time is that he needs better players to wrap around Randi and his QB - You can't win without the players. Plain and simple. There are alot worse coaches employed out there.

You want them to win ? Draft better !! And move the Vikes outside !!!
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • TOP. He is DONE!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• I wish, but he ain't going anywhere, MCcombs love him. I just hate seeing Randy Moss waste all his best years on a team that pretty much has no chance with Mike Tice as a coach.
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    2323 - now that is a sig line! image

I feel for you guys ... I suffered through Rich Kotite for a few seasons. Richie the K looks like a genius compared to Tice.

Tice even LOOKS stupid.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • He has a Pencil on his ear for a reason...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Yeah 1420, our season blows, we might slip into the playoffs, but we'll be out right away. I think it's pretty safe to say the Eagles are going to the big game. NFC gives them no competition, Atlanta isn't as good as their record says they are!image
  • We could win a playoff game if EVERYTHING went right though lol......
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• 4th and 4.

Midfield.

1:30 left in the game.

Have not stopped any offense in 3 years, much less Brett Favre.

Chance to win the Division.

You Punt.

Bye Bye...

Am I speaking Chinese?

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I was at Christmas Eve Service and didn't see the last half..Minnesota looked like they were
    going to roll, Burelson was all over the place...what happened???? Minnesota still has to win
    at least one game to get into the playoffs right?

Good thing Josh "Namath" McCown isn't on the schedule this year!

Can we all finally agree that Tice is an idiot?

JS

• ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>4th and 4.

Midfield.

1:30 left in the game.

Have not stopped any offense in 3 years, much less Brett Favre.

Chance to win the Division.

You Punt.

Bye Bye... >>

Agreed - why didn't he go for it? Favre just marched down the field like you knew he would anyway...at least they should have tried to score before that happened.
  • The only person in the world that thought that was a good idea to punt there was Mike Tice! Favre marched right down, no bid whoop, and won the game for the Pack! Tice would have been no worse off at all had he gone for it on 4th. & 4. Everybody knows if the packers got the ball back they were gonna score(except Tice)! I don't know where he is getting all this confidence in his defense. Oh well, maybe now Mccombs eyes were opened! Doubt it though!

• << <i>I was at Christmas Eve Service and didn't see the last half..Minnesota looked like they were
    going to roll, Burelson was all over the place...what happened???? Minnesota still has to win
    at least one game to get into the playoffs right?

Good thing Josh "Namath" McCown isn't on the schedule this year!

Can we all finally agree that Tice is an idiot?

JS >>

if any of the teams that are still in the hunt lose, the vikes are in.
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    The easy answer is to blame Tice the reality is they have below average players on defense and their offensive line is not much to get excited about. When you start hearing from the fans constantly that we lost because of the coach, the refs, penalties, injuries, fumbles and interceptions, it means you don't have a good team. Every team in the NFL has to contend with these situations. Wake up and realize that Minnesota has a few star quality players, but mostly a collection of subpar players, a star receiver that has his head up his a$$ most of the time, a quarterback who admits that he doesn't study film and looks like it at times on the field. Not only is there a lack of overall talent but character as well. Tice is a very small part of the problem.
  • sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The easy answer is to blame Tice the reality is they have below average players on defense and their offensive line is not much to get excited about. >>

I truly like Tice and up until this game I really wanted him to return. However yesterday he egregiously failed to give his players their best chance at winning the game. That is ENTIRELY his fault. Typically you try to let your best players win the games, with the Vikes that is the offense. It seemed to me like he never considered the fact that if by some miracle the Vikes stopped the Pack in regulation, they would still have a 50/50 chance of having to do it again immedietely in OT.

Basically it was all on the line on that 4th and 4. His contract extension, home playoff game (read $5 million for Red) and the chance to show that he truly has what it takes to be a big league coach. He didn't even take a timeout to think about it. He made a Week1 decision and showed loyalty to his defense sent them onto the field.

We didn't see the Red Sox bring Bung Yung Kim back for one more shot at the Yanks, we won't see Tice get another shot either unless the Vikes somehow make the NFC championship game.
  • IUrish Mike the Vikings Offense is FULL of stars. Culpepper, Moss, Burleson, Bennett, Smith. Your way aoff base...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Best you reread my post I conceded that when I said they had a few stars, now we can argue whether a few means 2,3, 4, 5 or 6. When you are second in the league with 4.8 yards per carry and still insist on passing the ball 60% of the time I think it says tons about the egos of Culpepper and Moss. If you can't stop the other team then pound the frickin ball and at least run some time off the clock to shorten the amount of time the other team's offense is on the field. Even Indy realizes that.
  • Good thing I see you read espns article today to get your 60% and 4.8 stats. Way to go.. Maybe watch the games and understand my point of view.
    Am I speaking Chinese?