Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1976 5 Peso Struck on 1 Peso PCGS MS 64

Hi, can anyone give an idea of a value for the above?? Thx! Andy
Andy

Comments

• Options
    I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but I did want to welcome you to the forum!! image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    Welcome!!!! asnovell - I can't answer but would sure like to see a picture!image
    Shep
  • Options
    From what country? Chile, Mexico, ???
    A picture IS neccessary for further discussion.
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Just a WAG, but the title reference is probably to a Philippine Peso. The area of error coins is never really clear cut as much depends on how extreme the error is and how much demand (collector base) there is for the error type and/or country. Definitey, it will be worth a premium but the as to how much, I would not venture a guess.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    Sorry a picture may help eh?? Any help with this item would be appreciated. I can't find anything on it anywhere.. Thx! Andy
    Andy
  • Options
    Nice Mexican error. No idea of value though.
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    Hello, I just posted pics. Any help is appreciated. Thx! Andy
    Andy
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such an item's value would most likely have to be set by auction. It's a significant error with a high "coolness" factor, so it certainly has some value. It would be unrealistic to expect it to command the same premium as a similar U.S. error, though.

I say it is certainly a 3-figure item, if not low 4-figures.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.