Home U.S. Coin Forum

Hey Washie heads..... Check out Lucilles 55d!

LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
I'm gonna submitt this GEM, I think its a lock ms66.........

a 55d has yet to be made in a ms67.... This coin here is very nice with super luster and super brilliant....

I submitted a 55d from a mint set that I also thought lock ms66, and it came back in a five holder... PCGs, I know your tough on these..

imageimage

in the blown up image there appears to be a hit in Washie lower neck, but on the coin there isnt much there visable to the
naked eye... Not a hit in the fields on this one....... The coin looks better then these images....
imageBe Bop A Lula!!
"Senorita HepKitty"
"I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter

Comments

• Looks like a gorgeous 67 all day long.
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!!
    Tempus fugit.
  • Look's like a winner to me!! image Oh, the coin looks nice too!! image
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    Dare I think MS67? You can see a hit on the Eagles left leg which is much smaller on the coin, and alittle bit of softness on the Eagles wingtips.......

The odds of making a MS67 are remote to slim.... But this coin has a chance to sneak into a seven holder, it is that solid!

Odds say it will come back in a six holder..... If it comes back in a five holder, then I'll wonder about all the ms66's I have already made,
    because this coin is a bit nicer.....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Wow! That puppy is clean and all there in the eye appeal department. I don't see how it can't grade at least MS66.

Russ, NCNE
  • So if it makes 67, what small island are you going to own or have you decided yet? image
    Alexandria Collection

It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house. - Proverbs 25:24
  • I think the strength of the strike will be the compensating factor to kick into a 67 holder.
    It probably needs some pretty Rainbow toning for a seven holder, I'm hoping some of the Washie experts can tell me how many Brilliant Washies are in a seven holder...... I think ManofCoins has a brilliant 48d ms67 on Ebay......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • I'll put my money on the seven holder. It's a great coin with a nice sharp strike.
    Just My 2 Cents,
    Big Mike <><

Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all that he has done. --Colossians 2:7
  • Always dare to dream sweetie. Remember, I cannot even drive because of my seizures anymore but I was just now sleeping in my chair on a motorcycle with a lady riding with me. I have no clue who the woman was and I have not done that in years. So dare to dream.
    Alexandria Collection

It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house. - Proverbs 25:24
  • Great looking coin, Lucy. I hope you get a 67. The coin will have to be a 67+ to make it, in my opinion, because it will be the first 55D in a PCGS 67 slab.

Good luck.imageimage
    Gary
  • DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Lucy,

That is a STRONG 55D. The tick on the leg, and the tiny mark at the TY in Liberty (obverse) might keep it out of a 7 holder at PCGS, but it's a cakewalk 66 to me. I hope you get the 7.image
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • The coin is gorgeous.

And to add my two cents.

If you post a coin here - on the message board of the company to which the coin is being sent - highlighting your expectations (66), highlighting your hopes - (67) - and pointing out the reasons why you feel it might not ful fill your hopes (67) - are you not putting yourself at a disadvantage?

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
    I don't think so... the coin will stand on its own...... if PCGs feels its deserving of a six or seven, they'll grant it....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Lucy, I know sending that coin in could give you some stress. How about sending it to me. I' ll let you know what it grades.

In all seriousness, that's one beautiful coin. Make sure to let us know what it grades. I'm betting a 66 only because I know PCGS is aware of the pops. It surely looks like it deserves a 67.

Ogdens
  • Very nice '55-D, Lucy. If it makes MS67, you will be able to buy a '55-T (as in "T-Bird") with it! image

Best Of Luck. If anybody can do it (nobody's done it yet), you can!

Don
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Me like very much! I hope it knocks their bobby-socks offimage
  • Really great one. I think its got a shot at 67 , either way congrats on a really nice coin and Best of luck on this one.image
    Michael
  • I am now very eager for you to send it off ASAP. Let us know what it comes back.
  • foodudefoodude Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭
    No matter what the graders 65, 66 ... It is a very sharp looking coin! image
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm not a "Washie head" but that is indeed a pretty coin. Good year too!!!
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭
    That's a nice Washington. Good Luck.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file