Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Anyone going to NYINC, and if you were there last year what was it like?

Additionally, have you tried to get to their web site; all I get is an error message.
"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Comments

• Options
    I am thinking of going. If I have any money to spend I'll go. If I am broke I won't be going.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loser that I am, the NYINC show is THE social event of my year. I live for that show. I scrape together whatever I can spare, and off I go to the city.
    I tell you what; the place is mobbed. Prepare to be patient, especially when trying to view the table of the more reknowned dealers.
    I usually start off with the dealers from the UK, and then hit dealers who I do not normally hear about in New York or on the internet.
    I will probably look for an affordable William & Mary crown for my crown type set, but this year, I may be concentrating on coins for my world type set.
    The Waldorf Astoria is fairly easy to get to. It is right down the street from Grand Central Station, and an easy subway ride from Penn. If the day is nice enough, walking from Penn may even be an option.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    When is the event? I make it to NYC reasonably often.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    01/15/04 - 01/18/04
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    One thing I forgot to add. Most of the big time dealers spend more time with the other big time dealers going over their stock lists and doing deals amongst each other. At one time I noticed the same 2 dealers talking for hours. They had all their paperwork spread out all over the cases and you could not see what was in them. They knew I wanted to look but did not even acknowlegde me.image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not had that problem with dealers. However, my lord Ruler of Britannia, I verily believe it. Some of them are real arrogant SOBs. Maybe it was the timing. I suspect that at the very beginning of the show, and at its very end (if you can find anyone), they are more interested in the last minute big deals. There are some dealers I patronize only because of their stock.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really like to attend this show but it isn't possible. As for the dealers that ignore collectors, it is part of the scenery...don't let it get you down.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.