Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

After Years of Searching - This Arrived

Excuse the images....
imageimage

Someone mentioned to me about 5 years ago: "Hey, I've never seen an 1834 halfpenny in UNC Lustre before". It was a really good point he made.

Finally image

L

EDITED TO ADD: Lloyd gloats too soon - another 14 in BU appear on Ebay....image

Comments

• what does that monster list for Lloyd?? image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Terry
    Thats the daft part. As you know there are three dates in the series

BOOK VALS UNC
    1831 £200
    1834 £200
    1831 £175

I've seen a shedload of 1837's, only a few 1831's and NO 1834's. Think on...

L
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    OK LordM. Be honest. How long did it take you to type out all those smileys? image
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.

• << <i>OK LordM. Be honest. How long did it take you to type out all those smileys? image >>

I was going to say that - it took 30 seconds to appear on my screen. I thought it was a huge pic of an 1834 1/2d in BUimage
    Took me fifteen or twenty minutes to get it right, originally. image

That was something I posted a year and a half or two years ago. I just went back to that post, clicked "Edit", and copied it to repaste here.

So today it only took me a few seconds.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Wow, that is a beaut! I am jealous.
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Of the WOW or the coin? image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
    What, my smiley mosaic? Thanks.

Oh, you meant the coin. Yeah, that too. image

• I demand the immediate removal of WOW. Any future WOWs must be licensed..

Damn WOWs.

• 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    WOW!

.....the coin....image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Impressive! I like it!
  • laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Lloyd, you showed the list on that beauty, but what will it sell for?
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • It was bought for £130... That's a lesson for all of you with old Spink booksimage

As for what it will sell for? I'll tell you in 2015

Lloyd
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice coins Lloyd.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• wybritwybrit Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭
    Outstanding example!
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.

• << <i>Any future WOWs must be licensed. >>

imageimageimageimage(Completely and properly Licensed by the authorized licensing authority, 12/6/2003.
    Roy

• AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage >>

Is that some kind of damn color blindness test LordM? I may have failed!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com

<< <i>It was bought for £130... That's a lesson for all of you with old Spink booksimage

As for what it will sell for? I'll tell you in 2015

Lloyd >>

Can't blame you, if this were mind it would be in tight hands!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Roy
    You're fined for that wow. Please paypal me $25. Aethelred $25 fine and a further $25 for plagarism.

L

<< <i>Roy
    Aethelred $25 fine and a further $25 for plagarism.

L >>

Thank God it is Dollars and not Pounds, the excahange rate would kill me!image

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Aethelred, skeletons aren't known for their eyesight!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    A very luscious piece, Lloyd!! image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image

• << <i>A very luscious piece, Lloyd!! image >>

I'll have to remember the term "luscious" the next time I write another auction descriptionimage

Make another note there Moneypenny... and take everything down that I say image