Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Anyone have a George III shilling they want to sell/trade?

I have a customer who is not a coin collector, but needs a George III shilling to give to his son for Christmas (why that particular coin is a long story I won't go into). I tried to steer him to the forum, but he is internet-challenged. So if anyone has one they want to sell or trade, please PM me. image
danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."

Comments

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Are you looking for the 1787 type or the 1816-20?
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    The 1816-20 Aethelred! You don't wanna scare the little boy with crude coinage image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You don't wanna scare the little boy with crude coinage >>

• Options
    mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    Joe
  • Options
    Then again, why would anyone want to scare people with George III at all???
  • Options
    danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    This is a Christmas present for a kid who is not a numismatist, but won some kind of prize for a school project on G III. His father wants to give him a shilling image So I'm thinking any date will do. I'm looking for something in the VG/F range. image
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he really wants to knock his kid's socks off, he should get one of those cartwheels!
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah- a cartwheel would be sweet!

I have some George III stuff, but nothing spectacular. (In fact, nothing even close to decent, let alone spectacular!) Think I have some of the 1799-1807 halfpennies/pennies, but they're culls.

I even have an extra holey 1797 cartwheel penny! But it's crudely holed, and pretty slick.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Then again, why would anyone want to scare people with George III at all??? >>

You could show him an 1816 Halfcrown and the little fella might not be able to sleep for bad dreams!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I dunno- I see somebody else is using your old "Bullhead" icon you made from that halfcrown, Michael...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.