Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1891 One Cent Canadian Coin (Copper) How Much?

Could anyone give me an ideal as to if this is worth anything or if it would be worth sending it in for grading. Thanks in advance for any input.

Jim
Jim Chandler

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scan? If it isn't MS63 or better, not worth the cost of getting graded.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jim,

First - Welcome to the dark side (gray side for us Canadian collectors).

Second - from the scans your coin looks like the common 1891 large date, large leaves variety in VG to Fine condition and possibly cleaned. The coin is valued at $10C to $15C if uncleaned. It would cost more than its worth to slab it.

Gene
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    Noted this while searching through a friends coins and did not know if it was worth anything, glad I never purchased it. I thought it had been cleaned myself but he stated it had never been cleaned by him. Thanks for the input.

jim
    Jim Chandler
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Darkside, Jim!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22