Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Medal Collectors

I know this link was provided once before but here it is again (edited to URL because my linked version was cookied with my password) WWW.medalcollectors.com/forum/ Currently I am the only commemorative medal collector on this board with everyone else primarilly interested in military medals. It would be nice to have some of you guys join up and liven the place up a bit. Take a look around. It could be a nice exonumia venue once it gets rolling.

BTW, My user name over there is BronzeMonger but I'm easy to find since I'm the only one posting Goetz material. Hope to see you. S

Comments

• Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    A quick visit doesn't seem to reveal much activity. Perhaps I was looking in the wrong place?
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    well, that was kind of my point...also, I think the site is based in England too which means it's after midnight there.
  • Options
    I joined the last time you mentioned them but they're pretty heavily concerned with medals designed to be worn. I've encountered this over the years; most people who collect ribboned medals don't consider what we collect as interesting. I had a couple of the gents on that board, several years ago it's true and in another venue, that let me know that I was wasting my time showing my 'medallions' and 'table medals' to real collectors... image

It was because of that reception I was a bit reluctant to put any of my medals up at first over here. I thought I might get slammed for not showing coins! I was pleasantly surprised and pleased with our group. As you may have noticed, now the problem is to get me to shut up! image
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    I asked about that and one of the moderators said to go for it. I would think that if there were enough of us posting about commems that others would join also. I have had a lot of people read and view my posts but only a few have written anything...pretty much what I have done regarding their posts. So what the hell, are they going to shoot you?

The imagining system sucks though where you can hotlink url's to images but if you want to imbed into the message your limited by size and you can only do one per post...gets a little tedious. Let me know if you join and what your user name is...s
  • Options
    I'm elverno there too. Maybe I'll toss some things up and let folks ponder a bit...
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    I ran into that site as well and found the focus not to my liking so I never joined. I don't really have time for another forum ... and if I did, I think I'd prefer to add one with more kindred spirits.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    "I think I'd prefer to add one with more kindred spirits. "

Is there one out there?
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Not that I've found ... but I haven't searched all that diligently. With my luck, it would be in French anyway.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image