Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

nudity sells

This art plaque was shown a couple of weeks ago-maybe it was elverno who purchased it? Everyone liked it, Jester went gaaaa over it as I did so when I saw another one I put it on my watch list. Did this go for the right price or do nude floating women simply fetch top dollar?image
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato

Comments

• Options
    You can't go wrong with nudes...image looks in great shape!!!
    Shep
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I like women, but that plaque doesn't do anything for me.
  • Options
    Standing Liberty U.S. Quarter with exposed breast is a GREAT coin!!
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    It was I. This one went for more than twice what I got mine for. Also, I was the lone bidder. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Sorry I didn't remember it was you trozau... I did remember the first one seemed to go for less which is why I didn't bid on this one.image It is nice though...
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    Thank goodness someone fessed up or I'd be in trouble with the wife... image I had a hard enough time explaining that nudes from my period are just another medal, but if I started outside that period she's just going to catch on! image
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    Hehe, my wife raised an eyebrow at me the other night when I was flipping through Krause and showed her the mermaid coins from Palau. She then floored me by saying they should just have one nipple on each side of the coin. image

In all seriousness though, some of the nude medals are just beautiful.
    Collector of Fractional Gold; gold tokens from Canada, California, Alaska & other states; gold so-called dollars, and other oddball stuff.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Laurent, I do plead guilty about praising that beautiful, stunning rendition of God's greatest creation.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    1957joe1957joe Posts: 608 ✭✭
    she isnt nude. She is wearing flowers and a scarf
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Actually, the price for this is pretty reasonable, although it's not simply because of the nudes. It's a 1935 Bruxelles Intl. Expo plaque and the international expo plaques and medals tend to go for more than comparable medals. This gilt bronze example -- with gilt intact -- by Bonnetain, a highly regarded Belgian medalist, is very popular.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    There is just something about a naked woman!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com