Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Snipe services

Esnipe went down tonight and I missed out on 6 auctions. Anyone have a more reliable sniper??image
Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!

Comments

• Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    yeah, loaf 1240 image
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    esnipe has missed about half my bids over the last 3 weeks. robosnipe missed on a bunch of a friends snipes. They both blame it on ebay password rules, you might recheck your prefs on esnipe just in case.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    They missed a bunch of mine, too! Oh well -- I don't think i would have won the auctions anyway -- but I think that perhaps I should start shopping around again.

I've heard good things about auctionstealer.com
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    auctionstealer.com has let me down in the past more often than esnipe. On my most "important" snipes I try to queue up the snipes in more than one service - I haven't had them all fail on me on the same auction yet.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options

Auctionsniper.com has yet to fail me so far!!

Gator
  • Options
    RoboBidder. Never fails and it's cheaper.
    Joe Tauriello
    Setbuilders Sports Cards
    Ebay: set-builders & set-builders2
  • Options
    I guess Ive had a different experience than Joe as Ive never had a let down with Auction Stealer. It even worked during the Mastro 1965 Topps auction.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I use powersnipe and have never had a problem. I think some other board members have said they had issues in the past but I have not had any issues.
  • Options
    image Agreed, Auctionsnipe.com has never failed me yet
    Gregory Voit
    AKA..
    Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
    Ratso of the Booze Junkies MC
  • Options

<< <i>yeah, loaf 1240 image >>

First the Stankees...now this!!!! I'm gonna get you someday murcer!!! image
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    It's not necessarily the sniping service's fault. eBay is doing some bizarre things. I couldn't place a bid on a couple auctions this morning because it was giving me strange messages, including saying my user id was not valid and that my browser was not acepting cookies. Of course, it then let me go ahead and bid on other auctions. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    I've had several problems over the last year with auctionstealer.com. They're probably averaging around 90% bid placement for me, which isn't very acceptable. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anyone better!
  • Options
    I've had good luck with Powersnipe. Only once have I not gotten a bid in.
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Thanks guys. Esnipe seems to have problems on Sunday nights, which they claim is their peak time of the week. I'm going to use both services on Sundays from now on.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    auctionsniper may not be the cheapest, but has yet to fail on me...
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    RoboBidder. Never fails and it's cheaper.

I starting using them and so far so good. Robobid place the bids within 5 seconds on all the auctions. One was pretty close though 2 seconds. I spend less time hitting reload and more time do other things on the net.

James
    x
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I recently had my first fail with esnipe. It was for a Hercshel Walker card serial numbered to 30 that I needed for my set. I was so excited to see it on Ebay. It's the first one I've seen for sale in 2 years. I almost felt violated when I saw it close for $3.75 and my sniper bid was $35.00. I am still so mad about that incident that I am looking for a new sniper service too.
  • Options
    I've only used one of the sniping services (Powersnipe) and it has never let me down. It also seems comparable in price as most of the others. I liked the fact that you get a free months worth of sniping before you decide to commit. What I don't understand, and I might have read it wrong but it was cheaper to pay month to month than annually.

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    What do you guys mean cheaper? Pay by the month or annually?

Why would you not pay the $15 or $25 for Auction Sentry? There are no fees beyond that.

Sandy
    Buying 1964 PSA 9 Baseball
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    FYI robobidder is no more. I wish he could have warned his customers . I lost a bid last night it ended around 27.00 I had a bid set at 35.00. Owell off to find another.

James
    x
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    I believe with auctionsentry...that you need to have your computer turned on when the auction is ending. I believe Wayne uses the program so he might be able to shed more light on the subject.
  • Options
    You are correct! Good point. You need to leave the computer on like via a cable modem to use Auction Sentry. Hard to beat the price if you have that set up.

Sandy
    Buying 1964 PSA 9 Baseball
  • Options
    Auction sentry is great with a $9.99 one time fee and free thereafter. There are 2 disadvantages:

The computer must be on.

It will not place more than 1 bid at a time. If multiple auctions all end at the same time you must stagger your bids or else the program will lock up.

Other than that, it is very reliable and works very well. As long as you understand the two shortcomings, it is in my opinion the best buy out there.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    I use auctionstealer.com

It costs about $20 for every 3 months ... way cheaper than esnipe. AND, I have never missed a bid.

Jeff