Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Asleep at the wheel for the steal of the weekend!!

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
I had this Norse Medal on my watch list and forgot about it!!! Simply unbelievable that a click away and it was to be had.image

Al H.image

Editted to add that i just looked at the listing again and noticed that it was ended by the seller and didn't close without a bid. Whew, now I don't feel so bad!!image

Comments

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Says the seller ended it early. E-mail and ask how much image
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears that no one bid on it....just contact the seller and make an offer.

• Options
    numobrinumobri Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

At $9.77 the coin was a steal.If i wanted it,i'd contact the seller and ask what they wanted for it.
    NUMO
  • Options
    i just looked at the bid history and it shows eight bids up to $94.05 before the seller cancelled them. this is a strange one. on a similar note, i saw a Brian Boru SC$ at a dealers table with a similar design. every time i think of the Vikings sailing across the Atlantic in an open rowboat...............either they had mega-cajones or were stupid and lost.

gotta figure that either way they were glad to touch America's shores. peculiar that there never seems to be mention made of the Vikings return home.

al h.image
  • Options
    zennyzenny Posts: 1,549
    from those photos it looks like a pretty nice 62...
  • Options
    numobrinumobri Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

I think the Vikings were desperatet,macho,and stupid.

As for the coin,some one offered the seller a price he coulded refuse.JMO.
    NUMO
  • Options
    The viking ships were not just some dinky little rowboat though. Also they didn't cross all in one hop. They woud stop in Iceland and Greenland on the way. Thirdly there HAVE been several people in modern times that HAVE crossed the Atlantic in a rowboat, and I believe SOLO. I think the record for the smallest boat was one was just over 10 feet long.
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It appears that no one bid on it....just contact the seller and make an offer. >>

A lot of people bid on it -- check the bids. He just wasn't getting the price he wanted, and so he ended it early. I hate sellers who do that.
  • Options
    hey Mike

i think you catch my drift about the Vikings and their crossings. to accomplish something like that in a craft that was crudely hand built and at least semi-human powered with no navigational assistance aside from whoever had proven himself as the best navigator is quite impressive. given the sometime fierce nature of the North Atlantic and sailing towards an unknown destination in uncharted waters, well, need i go on. their feats are something which should be admired and not minimized in the least. the soloists of today bear only a slight comparison, in my mind at least.

al h.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file