Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Done!

Now let's talk coins, preferably Lincolns!!!

Comments

• Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

Hello fellow Dinosaur Lincoln collector ! What's new in the Lincoln Cent pops? Heard about any new obscene Lincoln cent prices ?

Stewart
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭
    Modern Lincoln question.....Are all the 1965-67 Lincolns pathetic or what? The strikes are weak at best......From what I've searched through....
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    Manorcourtman

Are you referring to the mint state pieces or the SMS strikes ?

I don't know what you've been looking at but the SMS strikes are close to Proofs in strike.Mint state 66 business strikes are also pretty well struck.Please explain your definition of "pathetic".

stewart
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    Hi guys. I went through 10 rolls of 1967's this weekend. They were mostly well struck. I think I got about a dozen ms65's but nothing really nice.

Just interesting, I found a blank planchet in a roll of 1992's and a clipped cent in a roll of 64-d's. Also, the 64-d roll, and a 77-d roll, which were supposedly original bankwrapped, had some circulated or brown unc coins of other dates, but always a nearby d, except for one 56-d wheat cent. Wierd.
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    Oh yeah...

<< <i>What's new in the Lincoln Cent pops? >>

I notied 1917-s in 64rd (one of my best coins) went from 45 to 46. There is a really nice new set just above me now, 57th I think. They have a 64rd 17-s so I wonder if they had a nice raw set and just got a bunch graded. Speaking of 17-s, any of you know why in 64rd it is not as worth as much as many other dates that have higher pops in 64rd? Has it just been an overlooked date?

Back to the subject of pops, how about this, over 1000 1995 DDO cents are graded ms68, and only 38 regular 1995's. Certainly the regular 1995's must be much more common. It seems like any cent in the 90's should be pathetically common in ms68 if there are that many 95 DDOs. So what about 1997 with a pop of 2 in ms68? Wy aren't more being made? I went through 1 roll of 97's and sure found some nice ones. I think I'll buy some more rolls and maybe actually submit some to pcgs. (All I wanted originally was 1 nice coin for my set!)
  • Options

Stewart,

Just a little news. The pop on 17-P in 67 or 68 must have gone up. If you go to one of the registry sets with a 66 (such as mine) the pop greater now reads 10. Last week that was 9. However, it has not made it to the pop report yet as there are 7 67's listed and 2 68's. Still, that's two new 67's in the past 6 weeks. The crack out guys are really attacking Lincolns. Probably because of the HUGE price difference in going up just one grade.
    I haven't heard any crazy price deals going down lately, but I'm sure that will change after the first week in January.
  • Options

Haletj,
    About the 17-S, it is an extreme toughy. I don't know about 64RD, but I owned a 65RD as part of my first set that took me years to find. It is almost never seen in 65RD, although I did have one in my hand a couple months ago. It was a beauty and I should have bought it. Andy subsequently sold it a short while later and I doubt I will ever see it again. If you see a really nice 64, my advice is buy it!!