Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Help with weird old boxing issues!!

Hi all-

Just got back from a show, where I managed to spend some dough on what I can only describe as a hodge-podge of old boxing cards, most of which appear to have been printed in the UK. Does anyone know if these are worth getting graded? Or, barring that, does anyone know who I could contact that could tell me what they are? It's a real mixed bag-- some are tobacco sized, some are the size of the late 40's Leaf cards- and I can't find out a thing about them on the SMR; although I concede this is probably because I don't know what year most of them were minted.

Also, I just bought a handful of NFLPA's, each of which is roughly cut out around the body of the player pictured. The face of each player is a photograph, but the body is a cartoon. Are these the Vinly Stickers from '72?

Thanks for all your help,
Guy

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Guy-
    Check your PM's.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    the football are the vinyl stickers from 72 if they look like this.

include some scans of the pugilist cards and i can identify them more than likely
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Goodriddance-

I appreciate the offer. Unfortunately, I have zero idea how to post pictures on this site-- I've heard loose talk about 'URL''s, and choosing an 'image hosting site', but that's all Greek to me. If I can ever get this figured out-- and I'll probably start trying here tonight-- I'll post some pics pronto.

Thanks,
    Guy
  • Options
    Guy, I had to do a little research on some of the T218's and such and I found this site. Its a dedicated boxing site. Had some great info in it. Here is the link to the card section, I am sure from the link you can find the home page.
    Good Luck
    Jeff
    Boxing Card Link
    Just Started The "63" Set In 8 & Up.
    All Help Is Needed And Apprciated!