Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

"The Restrike" is ceasing publication.

cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got a letter from the publishers the other day that due to circumstances beyond
their control they will have to quit publishing. They've been a wonderful part of the
hobby since the 1960's and will be sorely missed by many. I wish them good luck in
the future.

This was a monthly which had many classified and was a great way to buy sell and trade
coins, tokens, and medals. I "met" many collectors through this publication.

I don't want to "ttt" this for the e-bayers looking for a mailing address but if they think
to search here it's The Restrike, PO Box 2709, Glens Falls, NY 12801. ( 2-6-04 )
Tempus fugit.

Comments

• Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    I never heard of them. Do they have a website?
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    "... part of the hobby since the 1960's..."

Why have I never heard of them?
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didn't advertise extensively but if you responded to many trade ads in any
    of the coin papers you'd have soon learned of them. There are some others.

So far as I know they never had a website.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a victim of Ebay and the internet.
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    Could just be age. They have been doing this for almost 40 years now. If they were 20 when they started they'd be almost 60 now. Considering that many don't get involved in numismatics until their 40's or later they could potentially be in their 70's or 80's and just ned the headache of trying to get out the monthly publication. It's been some time since I subscribed, how large is the publicatio now? Would there be a large enough market to possibly make it worthwhile to take it over?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file