English hammered coin

for your viewing pleasure

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Neat! I'm in! Thanks for the nice giveaway.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice 'un. Enter me, too, please. imageimage

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry guys, this will be in the Sunday swap tomorrow.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I'm less than knowledgeable about these hammered coins, so could you please endarken me a bit as to what coin it is and how much you're asking? Or would that be jumping the gun?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    That is an Edward I silver Penny (1272-1307). Don will be happy to sell it for just $5, everyone send him a PM right away if you want it!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
    Just send a $5 US gold piece plus postage and the coin is yours.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
    What about five of those new "Golden Dollars?"
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
    Michael, Kelly is sitting here and asked me 'how did they make the hammered coins?' Was it planchet put between the obv and rev dies, or did they hammer one side at a time?

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
    The obverse die, called a "pile" was mounted on a solid base, a blank would be placed on the pile and the reverse die, called a "trussel" was held in position over the blank. The trussel would then be struck with a large hammer, called a "large hammer" and a coin was born.

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
    Kelly said 'cool, do you have a picture?'

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

<< <i>Kelly said 'cool, do you have a picture?' >>

A picture of what?image

EDITED TO ADD: I guess you mean a picture of the dies? I was having a "too many brain cells soaking in Guinness" moment!image

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
    This is a pair of Groat dies.

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
    NO! she wants a picture of a coin being hammered!!!! Alternatively, a picture of you hammered will do. Have one by FUN.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

In England I don't think they wore the dress and it was a two man job.

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
    Bring you camera to FUN and you can get all the photos you want of me hammered!image

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
    Kelly says, 'thank you' but she still wants to see a picture of you hammered.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don