Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Thinking of selling duplicate Mercuries?

I thinking of putting my lower grade duplicates and extras up for sale on e-bay. Is there a best time to end the sales? It seems slow on Sundays during the football games, and seems to be good Thursday evenings. What do you think?

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Comments

• Options
    ttt
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Tony,

I've always done pretty well ending on Sat or Sun latest if that helps. You know it may never be a good time. You gotta leave other aspects to GOD! image

Good Luck!

Marc
  • Options

<< <i>Marc: You gotta leave other aspects to GOD! image >>

Sounds like a vote for Sunday. I'd suggest not ending an auction near the end of a Teletrade or Heritage Internet auction. I also think evenings work best, at least for my biddingimage Please, please, don't end auctions at 8:00 AM Eastern Timeimage 5:00 AM Pacific Time is mighty early for me!
  • Options
    I've gotten into a routine of ending them Sunday evenings. I had a bunch of proof sets and ended one on Wed. evening. I was surprised that it did slightly better than a similar set that ended Sun. What ever you do don't end them early in the morning as was already suggested.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I did go ahead and list a handfull of coins to end mid afternoon on saturday. The first one I listed sold with the BIN option before I had the second coin listed! I may go ahead and list some to end this evening, but I haven't decided yet.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    good luck
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    TTT
    FOR TONY
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know what you have
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    ttt