Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Blah.

Comments

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought two snowblowers today. One for my dad and one for us.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    It is snowing here, can I borrow one?
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least it ain't snowing here, but I still feel blah. It rained earlier.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    It's been raining here the past two days. The sidewalk in front of my house looks like a pond.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
    Mailed your coins today, Don.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    We have about 1/2" of snow!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
    What coins? Oh yeah, those coins. I see you're high bidder on the 16th C. taler.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
    Yeah, if I win it you can deduct the money you owe me for the coins I just sent.

What about my coins LM?

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • It has been raining here for 2 days also. At least we don't have to shovel it.
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3

<< <i>What about my coins LM? >>

They're at the bottom of the jar. Sorry- I dropped 'em.

The good news is, they should be nice and shiny when you fish 'em out.

Or not.

Do you remember the BU Indian that I bought from you? You tossed it to me and it landed in my glass of tea?image

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
    Yeah- I was telling somebody that story the other day. image

I had forgotten what coin was involved, but the event is unforgettable.

For those who were not present during that particular swapping session (i.e., everyone else in the world), we were sitting at Michael's dining room table doing one of our traditional swapping sessions. One particular coin (an Indian cent, I guess) had just become his, so I gently lobbed it across the table, whereupon I scored a perfect dunk- pling! In Michael's glass of tea. Hoo boy. I probably could not have duplicated that shot if I tried again 200 times in a row.

• I took the 10 year old daughter of a friend to our local coin shop today and she had a great time in the junk box. I'm trying to get her to tell the difference between quantity and quality so I handed back all the duplicates she'd grabbed (lots) and made her pick the best example in each case. The old guy that runs the place has an exaggerated idea of the value of some of his darkside silver so I let her hunt through the junk Morgan and Peace dollars and pick the best two.

So she walked away with a bag full of stuff and there wasn't a thing for me... image

But she's a good kid, loves history and is having loads of fun collecting coins with Uncle Vern! image Otherwise, an afternoon drifting on the edge of the liteside. But a filler 1814 20 Kopek in the mail so not a total loss...
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • note to self: Do not swap coins with Rob during dinner at the FUN Show. image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
    Don't worry, Terry- I couldn't make that shot again in 100 years. It was my one fleeting moment of glory. image

• note to self: Do not believe anything Rob says. image
    Terry

eBay Store

• farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    I overpaid for a nice 1912 Canadian 10 cent coin today and picked up a nice ANACS MS64 1882-S Morgan today at the coin shop. I've seen just 1 darkside coin at his shop in all the times I've been there (and Yes, I bought that coin).

When I got home I looked and discovered that I already had an ICG slabbed MS64 1882-S Morgan in my collection. Oh well, it's a beautiful coin, I love the look of S and CC minted large silver coins!
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
    Duplicates of slabbed Morgan dollars are not exactly difficult to dispose of...

• I went coin shopping with mongoose today. image Not sure what he bought, but I spent a whole $10, and came home with a nice GB 1931 1d in AU and an UNC S. Africa 1942 "no star" 1d. image
    Terry

eBay Store

• So let's make this look like a liteside thread image.
    All you have to do is vent about how badly ICG or ANACS (or both) screwed up on awarding an MS64 grade.image
    Roy

• SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    I liked this thread a lot. Friendly chats.
    It goes well with the new nickname of the Darkside (by a Litesider who came to sell of course): "a dusty third world flea-market" were his words I believe.Sounds very familiar and fun to me image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Of course when I'm traveling I actually stop in dusty third world flea markets and look for medals... image
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Well I went to work Friday, very quiet day, good opportunity to get organized and clean up my desk. Oh and I did peruse the forum a little bit.

Hope every one had a nice T-day..... image