Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

After eBay, then what?

I am having some real trouble finding some cards I need on eBay. I have been looking for some time now and they seem to never pop up. Im just curious what you guys do after ebay doesnt help. Are there any other spots on the web where you can find cards for sale? I have checked backett.com(some prices are just ridiculous), yahoo auctions (just horrible), and naxcom(havent found anything worth noting). LMK if you guys know any secret spots. Thanks, Matt
Collecting NBA Top 50 PSA Rookie Cards. Also collecting 1999 Century Legends Autographs.

Comments

• kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Yahoo auctions, Beckett, Naxcom..... are all waste of time. More scammers in those venues than ebay with far less protection.

You will find that if you are patient, things eventually turn up on ebay.

If you are looking for obscure older cards, Mastro usually has some great stuff, although after the buyer fees and seller fees, you will end up paying several times what the item is worth. After 15 percent from the seller and 15 percent from the buyer, the only person making out is good ol Bill himself.
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>After eBay, then what? >>

Then do what you did before Ebay entered the scene. Card shows, card stores and card mail order dealers, or the old fashioned trading w/ another collector...jay
  • aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Matt- How is the set coming? Are you referring to basketball rookies for the top 50 and Hall of fame Players? If you are drop me a PM and i can send you a list of some dealers that might be able to help you.
    Albie
  • Actually I've found Beckett.com to be very helpful in finding cards that don't show up in auctions often. The Buy/Sell/Trade area is helpful, and I've used this a couple of times. I've bought quite a bit from the Beckett dealers with pretty good success. I've also bought from Bidville.com, Naxcom.com, Sportslots.com (with only so-so success), and bbonly.com. I've found that by using google to search, sometimes you can find some small dealers on the internet with the cards your looking for. I buy rookie cards of prospects that I'm hopeful for, so I've found some good prices. Right now, Ryan Madson is my collecting focus. Using ebay as a basis of true value (cause that is where I would sell the cards) I can find better deals other places. Recently a Madson 2001 Bowman Auto sold for $17+ on ebay, but I bought 5 on beckett.com between $6 - $10. I think I did pretty well.
  • are you looking for psa graded top nba 50 rookies?
  • Hey Addict...are we always going after the same cards??

CHL
  • Hey guys,
    Thanks for the help. I will try out those other sites.
    Since I am gettin down to last 10 or so Top 50 Rcs, I have decided to try to collect something in the meantime. I am trynig to get my hands on some 1999 and 2000 Legends numbered cards. Also UD History Class /100, and Retro numbered cards. These dont pop up on ebay too often. Maybe I just need to get some more patience :}
    Collecting NBA Top 50 PSA Rookie Cards. Also collecting 1999 Century Legends Autographs.

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Zeb

You don't know? The world ends.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    checkoutmycards.com has been good for me

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• After eBay, I go checkoutmycards, beckett, naxcom and then sportlots. Sportlots should not be last, but their search is terrible. I search the non-ebay sites at least once a week, and eBay I tend to search 2-3 times a day. Never know when or where that card I need will pop up.

Also, I will give honorary mention to google shopping, which searches tons of little sites.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.