Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Anyone know Vaughn Brossart?

Recent feedback shows he's a good buyer and seller. All of a sudden, he stops shipping cards (and still has auction items up).

I've won an auction from him and am curious whether or not I'm going to get it...

Here's a link to a previous auction he sold:

eBay auction

His email: brossart@aol.com also happens to be his ID and when I try to email him, I get an automated reply that his box is full.

Doesn't seem likely that he'd try to rip people off since it's pretty low end stuff... just curious if he might have gotten his ID and/or email hijacked. This seems to have been happening a lot more frequently on eBay lately...

Comments

• 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I won a 50 Bowman Ashburn PSA 6 - a card I have been looking for - with a BUY IT NOW for 55. I jumped on it and paid immediately via paypal ...

20 days go by and still no card and no email response. I call him and his wife says he will be in shortly. He never calls back. He lives in Oregon so I call him this past Monday night around 11:30 PM EST and he answers. He says he was out of town for a week, then he said he was sick and then he said he was on vacation for two weeks???? I ask him to refund my PayPal account - which he did. He never answered the question if he has the card at all.

He seemed like he was full of it, and I want to leave negative feedback but I fear retaliation.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • 1429sports...

Neal...

Oregon huh???

email me an address and I'll snoop around!!

emards4457@msn.com .

Larry

I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He seemed like he was full of it, and I want to leave negative feedback but I fear retaliation. >>

So if you get retaliation, respond by stating what happened in the line below the feedback. If you do not list your bad expierience, then others may get taken too! ...jay
  • CWCW Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭
    I also bought a Snider card from this guy back on 11/6 using buy it now,
    and I also have not received the card. I sent him an email last week and
    got no reply. Just last night I requested his contact info through ebay,
    and now I see this thread. I'll be calling him for a refund. He also
    just recently got his first negative feedback.

And no address available, Larry, because he only accepts paypal (the
    automated email had no street address, and ebay doesn't give that out).

Chuck
  • This is at least comforting to hear that I'm not the only one out there...

1420, do you have his number handy? If not, I'll try to get it through the channels at eBay. I've been looking for PSA 5 HOFers from the 1950 Bowman set and Appling showed up last week. I actually would rather have the card than the $30 I paid, but money is money!

And after I get this resolved, I plan on leaving negative feedback... if it weren't for the other negative feedback that was posted, I wouldn't of even thought to post it here... it's most of "us" that are out there and every little bit helps everyone else. I have over 600 + feedback without any negative, but I'd sacrifice the retaliation as long as it got the word about a slacker seller.
    I am leaving a negative. If he retaliates, so be it.

anj - send me a pm.
    Has anyone received the card or refund as of yet? Thanks
  • WOW!!!

This guy got 9 negitives in the last 7 days.......

Larry

I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
    I've called and left messages on his answering machine for two
    days in a row now. I've also sent a few emails. No response, no card.
    If I don't get in touch with him by tomorrow then I'll have to
    file the necessary complaints with ebay, paypal, and my cc company.
    I'm well within the 30 day timeframe for a paypal complaint.

Heh, did I ever run into some bad luck... On the same day I did the
    buy it now on the card from Brossart, I also hit a buy it now on another
    card. The seller refused to sell me that card claiming his son listed
    the wrong buy it now price, so I missed out on a great deal there. Now
    I have to deal with getting my money back from this Brossart deal gone
    bad.
  • I gave up after trying to get a hold of him over the phone the past 2 days. I got several different people but none of them knew when he was going to get back.

And now tonight, I get a 2 line email from him saying that the card has been shipped. It came with a USPS tracking number. I just checked the USPS website but it hasn't been posted yet. Usually they take a day so maybe it'll show up tomorrow.

Anyone else get an email tonight?

PS. How does paypal's policy work on refunds? Thankfully, I've never had to ask before... though I might now...
    well whatta ya know -- I just checked my email and Brossart has finally
    sent me an email! The subject line says "your card shipped today", and
    inside is simply the item description and a usps tracking number (I
    checked the number on the website and it's not in the system yet, which
    might be because he recently mailed it). That's it. No explanation.
    No apology. No "thankyou for your patience". We'll see what happens.
  • Don't assume that the email with tracking number will result in you getting your cards. Pay Pal's rules require you to file a complaint within 30 days of paying. Be sure to file a complaint with Pay Pal within the 30 days just in case you end up not getting anything. You can always cancel the complaint if you get the cards but you won't get any assistance from Pay Pal if you wait until after 30 days to file the complaint.
    I strongly suggest filing a complaint - I did. PayPal was helpful and I received my refund last night. I would not be surprised if the cards never arrive, so file the complaints.
  • I strongly suggest filing a complaint

Yup. I just did the same thanks to cardbroad's suggestion.

1420sports: How long did the refund take to transfer the funds back into your account?
    My tracking number is now showing that a package was
    shipped from Portland, OR. Looks like it might be valid.
    So far, so good....
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    CW - Hope you get it.
    Sometimes the people that make the most fuss get the results. How many other buyers just figured they got taken, post a negative and move on?
    To any others that feel they were taken, call this clown daily and threaten to take action. Use the term "possible mail fraud" that scares alot into doing the right thing, which he should have done in the 1st place...jay
  • I'm still wondering what paypal will do... when do they actually take action?

My tracking number shows up as valid as well now. If I actually get the card (which would be very cool), do I just let paypal know? I guessing that's what happens anyways...
    anj - it took me one week to get it back, I would have rather had the card but I just wanted to be over with the whole thing.

Back to the 1950 Bowman Ashburn search .... imageimage
  • Well, well, well.. got my mail today AND the card was there! Guess I'll have to cancel my complaint at paypal now. Anyone else with the same luck?
    I got my card today also. Seems like all the negatives and phone calls
    gave ol' Vaughn a little wake-up call. I'm glad to be done with this
    one!
    I am glad this worked out for everyone. Another reason to buy from dealers whenever possible.