Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Reminder: Excellent Source for Whitman, etc Albums & Folders

This is in response to a thread by Syracusian regarding a Type set & giveaway, and a response or two showng interest in finding obscure folders & albums.

I posted a while back about a good source for out-of-print Whitman, etc folders & albums, and he might just have what you are all looking for!

He has Dimitri's #9516 (Great Britain Minor Type Album 1902-?) listed as $15 used & $20 new (when available), along with many others, such as the mentioned "Victoria Type" (1837-1901) #9520 @ $20 new, and a "Silver Type" (1902-?) #9517 @ $15/$20.

He also has US, Aussie, Canadian, Mexican, Panama, Newfoundland, Crowns of the World, Philippine, etc Albums listed, as well as Whitman FOLDERS for US, Canada, Newf., Mexico, Great Britain, & Australia
as well.

He has been a good source of obsolete Canadian, Great Britain, Aussie, & Mexican folders for me twice in the past, and I would hope he could help you as well! He hits several coin shows around the country as well, and seems to run the company just by himself and his wife.

His name/company is as follows:

Randy Miller
Chief Coin & Supply Company
P.O. Box 254
Oshkosh, Wisconsin (USA)

Phone: 920-231-6161
Fax: 920-231-6122

Good luck to all interested! I have his latest price list (at least that's what he sent me, although dated 5/1/02), if anyone's curious about whether he has a specific Whitman Bookshelf Album, Library of Coins Album, Whitman Classic Album, or Whitman Folder, and any related details. I'd be glad to help by answering any PM's!

- - Dave

Comments

• Options
    No email or website for this guy?
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind Bill: a simple address will do image

Thank you Dave image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, he does not have an e-mail address or website. But I wrote for my first order & called/wrote for my second, and everything worked out ok.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Dave, I'll have to give him a call!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    He also used to be a great source for British coins, but someone from Britain bought him out at FUN. No, it wasn't Lloyd. At least I got to a lot of his good stuff first.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.