Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Life Magazine 1962 Post Cereal Mantle/Maris

SMR does not list this particular card but every other Mantle and Maris variation is listed.

Someone brought me a Life magazine with only one card in tact with the magazine as an insert.Mantle is on one side and Maris is on the other.Each side had a card number - one 5 and 6.It appears to be one card and not two but I didn't want to handle the card and check if it might have been two.The SMR magazine and online doesn't make note of a Mantle/Maris card as one card either.

Anybody know anything about this including BV I'd really apppreciate it.

Thanks in advance and Happy Turkey day!

Comments

• Rob:

The cards (without the magazine) are listed in the large SCD Guide. I have sold them in the past (again without the magazine) but despite them being in NM condition, they did not go for much (somewhere around $80, if I remember right).
    Joe Tauriello
    Setbuilders Sports Cards
    Ebay: set-builders & set-builders2
  • RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    Hey Thanks!

Pete,that's the same magazine.4/12/62

That advertiesment appears to state it like there are 2 different cards but I swear it's one card.I'll have to see it again to be sure.

Norty,the price of the card minus the magazine is double what my friend paid for both the mag and card by what you say.He'll be happy to hear that he got a deal where the magazine and card may be worth double what he paid and it's being sold for 150 to 200 elsewhere.

I would say the card or cards are probably EX/MT to EX as it has a wave on it from the binding and a couple wrinkles on the top edge even though the card(s) looks great otherwise.