Joe
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should I try to eBay them Joe?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • eBay might be interesting.image

I think that critter is one of those monkeys that inhabit Michael's head. Sopmetimes the monkeys run amok and control him. When his posts are PARTICULARLY odd (not the normal odd) the monkeys are in control.
    Joe
    Ah! the infamous Boring Monkey, that explains a lot.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one lying on my desk, too. I believe it was referred to as a "Monkeyback" note, because there is an old-fashioned woodcut of a monkey on it. Mine is an earlier version, I believe, because I have had it about a year.

Any of you old-timers have LordM scrip? The old green paper ones with the fingerprint? Those were done in my computer infancy, and are not as sophisticated as the Dead King notes, I'm afraid. And I am jealous that our Dead King has an inkstamp that will do serial numbers. I have looked for one for about three years, and all I seem to be able to find is date stamps.

I have Wooden Nickels, now. Not the laser-engraved type laserart did for me once (those of you who have those, save 'em! There were only ten produced!), but the run of the mill printed variety. I use them for my business cards at the mall booth.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think that critter is one of those monkeys that inhabit Michael's head. Sopmetimes the monkeys run amok and control him. When his posts are PARTICULARLY odd (not the normal odd) the monkeys are in control. >>

image -MAO

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    NO FAIR!!! I never got one of those!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Well, that is neat! There is only one complete type set in the world. There are a total of about 15-20 notes that I have issued. I guess I'll need to start working on my series 2004 issue now that my e-mail address has changed.

Jeater - I'll make sure you get a few samples!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
    BTW - That series 2002-D that you have is a scarce one, there was a problim with it so only about 10 were printed and only about three sent out, you could say that is one of the key dates!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
    Alright! a pop 3 note. image

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    I want some of these too : that includes LM's notes ( I'm not picky image )
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
    I'll send a few with your coin Dimitri!image

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • wybritwybrit Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭
    Just stumbled acros this thread. I like the concept!
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
    What concept might that be? Cleaning off one's computer desk?

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Just stumbled acros this thread. I like the concept!

What concept might that be? Cleaning off one's computer desk? imageimage

I thought he liked the concept of the boring monkeys.
    Joe