Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

1958-D Full Band Roosevelt Dime

This one graded 67 FB, one of 27 with 2 higher. I would think a coin with a low population like that should be worth a lot. But maybe 27 is enough to satisfy the demands of the serious Roosey Regsitry set collector?

Thoughts? Comments?

This one has neat color (lime green and iridescent red) if you catch the light right.

Comments

• onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭
    "But maybe 27 is enough to satisfy the demands of the serious Roosey Regsitry set collector?"

Carl, A pop of 10 is plenty to satisfy the demand "Right Now". If the pop doesn't change dramatically
    over the course of a couple years then the prices will continue to rise as new collectors come into
    the market. 58D's come nice and yours looks great. You should have no problem selling it, I would
    recommend keeping it and starting a set if you don't already have one started.

Onlyroosies
  • I like it!!!

Too bad I'm sure I can't aford it right nowimage
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Carl, I've sold 58d's for $225 that were pretty and I've sold them for as little as $85. I believe Nick is right, once a coin pop goes over 10, the prices start declining and they essentially start getting really flat once a coin get over 20 pieces. I'd estimate a common MS67FB with a pop of 25-30 is probably a $100 - 125 coin. Depending upon the toning, it could add or detract from the price. Another example is a 59D MS67FB which recently sold on ebay for $73 and I think its also about the same pop. Even a pop 50 1950D MS67FB sells for $65-100 on ebay as Goldberg has been selling a bunch of white ones. Good Luck,
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Thanks for the input. I'd rather get closer to $200 than to $85 but guess that is a reasonable range for this coin.

How about a '51-S in 67 FB? Isn't that a pop 12 with 3 higher? The first photo isn't that great.

• Craig,

Don't you have an exceptionally beautiful PCGS MS67FB 1958-D Roosevelt dime? Oh, go ahead and post a pic and make 'em drool.

Mike
    DE FALCO NUMISMATIC CONSULTING
    Visit Our Website @ www.numisvision.com
    Specializing in DMPL Dollars, MONSTER toners and other Premium Quality U.S. Coins

*** Visit Mike De Falco's NEW Coin Talk Blog! ***
  • Mike: Craig has a photo in his Registry set so I've already drooled image Mine has similar colors but his are bright and just jump out. I really enjoyed looking through Craig's set, there are many colorful jewels there.

• << <i>Thanks for the input. I'd rather get closer to $200 than to $85 but guess that is a reasonable range for this coin.

How about a '51-S in 67 FB? Isn't that a pop 12 with 3 higher? The first photo isn't that great.

image >>

PM sent
  • remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Nice dimes Carl!

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice 51-S!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

A pretty 1958D PCGS MS67FB........yes Mike, I do have a pretty one (I think)......but my photography leaves something to be desired !

imageimage
    Craig
    And a few more 1958D's in MS67FB.........

imageimage

imageimage
    Craig
  • Here's another 58d Colorfulcoins sold to me. Oh I'm sorry this is a Roosie thread.imageimage

58d PCGS MS67

Quarter guys..........oh well, I have a nice 58D quarter to!

Craig
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    Akrick, thats a nice one - does it have the FB (full beak) designation? or slabbed by wrong company for thatimage
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    58D Roosie. Here is the one I picked up today. Man these are hard to get a good picture of.

Ken
  • very nice ken
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Neat color!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • ttt
  • Well, there are more replies to this thread than I expected image

Anyway I have listed those Roosies on eBay, including a few others. Please click the link in my sig line if interested.

1951-S MS 67 FB
    1955-D MS 67 FB
    1958-D MS 67 FB
  • MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Those are some nice coins Carl, you should start your own set.

• << <i>Those are some nice coins Carl, you should start your own set >>

Well if I did start my own set I'd really want some of those coins I already sold!!! image

I keep getting sidetracked and starting a Roosevelt set is very tempting too. My type set is at the stage where additions are few and far between.

Now I just have to keep saying to myself: "focus, focus, focus...."
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carl,
    If you start a Roosie set, we will welcome you with open arms!!!

Later,
    Paul B. Gunsallus

Later, Paul.
    More Roosies....More Roosies........ More Roosies.......now chant with me.

I'll tell you all, the Roosie guys are taking the lead in keeping this Registry Forum alive. And what's more, all the players acknowledge and HELP the others.......and know what, NO CLOSED SETS. How about them apples?
    Craig
  • Yes, I have noticed the comraderie among roosie guys too. Kind of makes you feel all warm and fuzzy doesn't it?

I think we would make FDR proud!
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website