Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Censored Words

Good afternoon all:

We've been pretty lenient about letting you all "go around" the censorship on some words.
It looks like we've been too lenient as many of you are pushing the envelope further each day.

From now on, if the word is censored, and you creatively find a way to type it out, you may get a warning. If it happens a second time your account will be deactivated.
If the word is deemed bad enough from the start, you may not get the first warning.

Carol

Comments

• Options
    One can only wonder what word is deemed bad enough from the start....image
  • Options
    Is that word "PRO" or any variation on such a word? If it is, just delete the post, not me. image
  • Options
    Could we have the list please?
    Always wanting odd-ball Nolan Ryan's.
  • Options

<< <i>Could we have the list please? >>

For obvious reasons I won't be posting the list here.
    If you have used a censored word you will be notified when you try and post.

Carol
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Is Jello a censored word?!

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭
    > Could we have the list please?

I think George Carlin might have a little standup
    routine that might help you out. image
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    What if the word is censored and you type it anyway?
  • Options
    What if you think about the censored word??

I can think of a three letter word, begins with S, ends with C, letter is phonetically "gee" in the middle...was this too much of an end run around?
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    I prevoiously tried to ues the word " Co**tails" for an atempt to suggest a possibilty for a gathering and doing a bit of drinking, after some show. I was taken aback by the tuff censorship, oh well better to err on the safe side , I guess.
    This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options
    What's wrong with the word, "Coattails," as in

"Republican Congressional candidates are hoping Bush has long coattails."image
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Anyone have any PSA-graded cards of Joe Adc ock for sale?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Give me a break-- this is message board, not a church. As we are all adults here, I doubt anyone could publish a word that could raise our collective pulse.

If you want to expend your energy towards making this a better board, try twisting a couple arms in the grading room and have a grader or two interact with your customers and answer their questions.
  • Options
    I think the word "Boopotts" will soon be censored.
  • Options
    this does seem a bit on the silly side. but i suppose the use of @#%* has been good enough for the comic strips all these years, it will work here for now.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I can think of a three letter word, begins with S, ends with C, letter is phonetically "gee" in the middle...was this too much of an end run around? >>

I think CAROL is reffering to profanity not the competing grading companies....jay
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I don't resent the spirit of these restrictions so much as I resent the sanctimonious tone with which they were presented-- like many here (I assume), I don't feel like I need a 'talking to' when it comes to how I choose to verbally express myself. There are frequent occasions where the use of profanity conveys a message or sentiment in a way that more refined language cannot; otherwise, nobody would ever use it. Clearly, the choice to ban this kind of language is well within the moderators' rights, and I can fully appreciate and respect that; but I don't think we, as adults, need to be 'warned', or put on some kind of two-strike probation, when we choose to insert asterisks in lieu of vowels in our posts.

And anyway, my original point still stands. If PSA wants to pay someone to peruse these board, pay a grader to come on here and engage in meaningful discourse with their customers. The more we, as collectors and submittors, know about PSA's grading standards, the stronger our allegiance to PSA will be. When it comes to PSA's involvement on these boards, I can think of nothing more frivolous than having a paid employee combing our posts to see if anyone's snuck in the essence of a four letter word, after having liberally employed the shift key. Who does this benefit? I can't believe it benefits PSA, and I know it doesn't benefit me-- so for whom are these rules enforced?
  • Options
    jay - BCCG is a 4-letter word. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    PSA 10 Gem Mint Dick Pole for sale image
  • Options
    ... i didn't think PSA had graded any of those;
    ,,, why does PSA censor player names on the boards. but not on the psa holder labels? As an attorney, Joe may have some incite ... I mean insight
  • Options
    I have a few Marion Butts RC's for you Charger fans out there! %&$@!? _ _ _ _
  • Options

*testing*

anyone have Dick Trickle race cars for sale?
  • Options
    Can someone check the population report to see if there are any PSA10 Rusty Kuntz cards in existence. I can't find any Rusty Kuntz for my Rusty Kuntz registry!!!

Rusty Kuntz
    Batting Glossary

Year Ag Tm Lg G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG TB
    +--------------+---+----+----+----+---+--+---+----+---+--+---+---+-----+-----+-----+----+-
    1979 24 CHW AL 5 11 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 6 .091 .231 .091 1 0
    1980 25 CHW AL 36 62 5 14 4 0 0 3 1 0 5 13 .226 .284 .290 18
    1981 26 CHW AL 67 55 15 14 2 0 0 4 1 0 6 8 .255 .339 .291 16
    1982 27 CHW AL 21 26 4 5 1 0 0 3 0 0 2 8 .192 .250 .231 6 0
    1983 28 CHW AL 28 42 6 11 1 0 0 1 1 0 6 13 .262 .354 .286 12
    MIN AL 31 100 13 19 3 0 3 5 0 0 12 28 .190 .274 .310 31 0
    TOT AL 59 142 19 30 4 0 3 6 1 0 18 41 .211 .298 .303 43 0
    1984 29 DET AL 84 140 32 40 12 0 2 22 2 2 25 28 .286 .393 .414 58
    1985 30 DET AL 5 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 2 .000 .286 .000 0 0 0
    +--------------+---+----+----+----+---+--+---+----+---+--+---+---+-----+-----+-----+----+-
    7 Seasons 277 441 75 104 23 0 5 38 5 3

Bawlamer Oaryuls Rule, Hon!!!
    imageimage
  • Options
    What about Puss y Tebeau? I need Tebeau's cards! He is an oldy, Does anyone know if any Puss y cards exist? He played back in the late 1800's only briefly. I heard he is related to Rusty Kuntz!

Batting Glossary

Year Ag Tm Lg G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG TB SH SF IBB HBP GDP
    +--------------+---+----+----+----+---+--+---+----+---+--+---+---+-----+-----+-----+----+---+---+---+---+---+
    1895 25 CLV NL 2 6 3 3 0 0 0 1 1 2 1 .500 .625 .500 3 0 0
    +--------------+---+----+----+----+---+--+---+----+---+--+---+---+-----+-----+-----+----+---+---+---+---+---+
    1 Season 2 6 3 3 0 0 0 1 1 0 2 1 .500 .625 .500 3 0 0 0 0 0
    162 Game Avg 486 243 243 0 0 0 81 81 0 162 81
    Bawlamer Oaryuls Rule, Hon!!!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Wasn't there a 1970's baseball player named Dick Such?
  • Options
    maybe, but there was one named Peter La C ock
  • Options
    Anyone have any PSA-graded Dick Butkus cards for sale?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.