Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

New Arrival

This arrived today - 1844 1/26 Shilling ICG EF 40

I think we need to get together and buy ajaan a new scanner. He would get more $$$$ for his coins if his images were as nice as his coins! image
R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
Collecting:
Conder tokens
19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm

Comments

• Options
    Nice catch, l like Don's crappy scans. image You never know what you're gonna get. image (Gumpism)
    I got the 1799 1/2d today too.
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    Very pretty indeed! I'm looking to acquire some of the 1813 examples but no one has been foolish enough to list them cheaply enough for me to even start playing... image
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    BTW, did ICG miss the grade on that one?? Hard to tell but looks a bit better than a "40".
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    I believe it is undergraded some also. I'd call it a gEF to aUnc in British grading terms, a solid AU in US grading. The scan is harsher then the slab in hand. image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an 1841, but it ain't as high grade, and it's a holey. It's pretty nice, though. A terrific keychain piece.

That's sweet, BTW. I've always like Victorian Jersey and IOM coinage.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    What I really want from Jersey is a 1/52 shilling (farthing). A one year type (1841) other than proof issues (2 years 1841, 1861). They don't show up very often on eBay and get pricy very fast.

A 1/48 shilling (farthing) would also be nice (another 1 year type - 1877). Again, a pricy coin in higher grades.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ICG was brutal on that coin IMO. I was expecting an AU grade.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don