Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

ANOTHER QUESTION ABOUT THE SUPERIOR AUCTION

Did anyone attend the Superior live auction on Saturday night and if so did you win any lots? I really want to go to one of these live auctions but i couldn't get away this weekend. Also, If you attend the live auction and you win a lot can you pay for it and pick it up the same day?

Paul.
Check out my new web site: Monsters of the Gridiron

Comments

• Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    At the Superior National auction, you could pick up the card the next morning (day) - each session finished very late. However, because the auction took place in NJ, and you paid and received the card on site, you would have to pay any and all taxes.

So, depending on your card's value it could really add to the auction premium. Superior would allow you to pay there, or at a later date (invoiced), and have the card mailed to you, thus avoiding paying taxes.
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    Hey Paul,

I wish you would have gone to the auction this weekend too ... instead of staying home and snatching away all of those 1966 PSA 8's from me in the auction! image I thought for sure they would go under the radar with Art selling them and Fuzzdude on vacation.

Oh well, I guess that will teach me to always use my snipes.... I guess I should also welcome you to the wonderful world of 66 Football woodgrains. You'll need to fill out a FEAR THE FUZZ application, which you can get from Wolfbear. Also to warn you, the clock is ticking on 8's and 9's while fuzz hibernates for the winter.... so get them while you can.

By the way... the Superior auction had a 1966 PSA 10 in it. There are only about 4 in the whole set, so you could have really started out in style!

I see you're playing with the 62's also... that's a tuff little crew over there to try and sneak an 8 by.

Oh well, I'm sure we'll cross paths again. Untill then.... Good Luck with your collecting, and welcome again.

Mike
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/