Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Early Franklin Mint ...Picture added

Is there any value in early 1967 Franklin Mint Christmas sterling silver medals. It was the 3rd year that this mint turned them out.

Comments

• Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    melt value I believe...I have a "Signers of the Declaration of Independence" set that my mom spent megabucks on that is worth only a fraction of what she spent. I still wish she had put the money towards real coins or medals.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Some (very few) do have value over melt. You might want to try to find a copy of the Krause guide for Franklin Mint issues.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Steve.... Does anybody on the Forum have a Franklin Krause???image
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got most of one around here someplace but it's old and I don't
    pay the prices much heed. As I remember it listed all these early
    ones pretty high.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuff like that cries out for eBay. You might fetch a premium over melt for it there.

Personally, the only FM stuff I'll mess with is legal-tender coinage made for foreign nations. (Even if some of it is NCLT).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    LM This is the one of most interest, It is the Peace on Earth medal, It was given to all the UN Delegates in 1967. Just think It a nice medal. Still in it original holder and paperwork.

imageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say, that is pretty nice. Too bad collector demand for that kind of stuff is so weak. It ought to be worth more than melt!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>LM This is the one of most interest, It is the Peace on Earth medal, It was given to all the UN Delegates in 1967. Just think It a nice medal. Still in it original holder and paperwork.

imageimage >>

Very nice! I would never consider getting rid of that (if I had it) at anywhere near so called melt. I likes...image
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com