Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

watch your spelling

No, not being retentive....I got this from a friend today:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Collector of Fractional Gold; gold tokens from Canada, California, Alaska & other states; gold so-called dollars, and other oddball stuff.

Comments

• Options
    And I thought it was just my typing, but I didn't go to Cambridge..... image

Seen that one before, I do have typing dyslexia, and can't find my mistakes, but only other people's....image
  • Options
    I have seen that one and varients of it before. It is so true really! Many times your mind sees what it thinks is supposed to be there, not what is really there.
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • Options
    Taht is smpliy azmanig! I wluod nveer had bleeievd it if I hdn'at seen it wtih my own eeys!
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

That reminds me of some of the raw copy I have to edit. image
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    So, deos tihs meen I wsated my menoy on taht huukd on pohncis cusore? Daaaamn! I tihnk I dnoe been dpued! image

I gesus tihs maens I can wtrie stroies now abuot my fnie btich gyrehuond nmaed, Rbuy! imageimage
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    There was a similar experiment with phonemes reversed in a spoken manner similar to what is printed. People could understand with a fair amount of distortion until it reached a threshold where it was simply unintelligible. Same type of deal here.
  • Options

<< <i>image

That reminds me of some of the raw copy I have to edit. image >>

Yeah, but once a proof reader, always a proof reader. My last stint on a news desk was in 1959, but I still spot almost every typo in the LA Times!image
    Roy