Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

A busy time of year in the hobby....

Are you guys overwhelmed as I regarding all of the action currently going on in the hobby?

With all of the auction houses (Grey Flannel, Mastro, Lelands, Superior, Mile High), daily eBay purchases, this weekends Live Ebay auction, my ebay auctions, etc. etc.....

It seems my mind is filled with pictures of auction lots, the game plan for my bidding, budget concerns....all of this with the holidays right around the corner.

Anyone feel the same?

Comments

• Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Yes.
    I had this conversation with another collector last night.
    not to mention a few lower profile auctions........ and Mastro.. and Slaters coming up.

.........and the run of shows: The Fort, Pittsburgh, Boston, Toronto, Chicago and back to the Fort in 2 weeks.
    seems like there are some real lulls in the "schedule" and that these auctions would be better off spread out a bit more.

all-in-all, probably as much coincidence as anything else, although I have heard all kinds of theory's from these guys that being close to the holidays actually brings more bidding...I doubt it.
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    I agree--too much at one time--and I have already spent my budget.

From my standpoint would rather have them first half of January when I am flush with cash after bonus time with a new card budget in hand.

Jim
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    It is very overwhelming. Especially for vintage collectors with the Sloate and Lipset auction closing on the same day and now the Mastronet auction next month. Throw in all the card shows and it is very hard to budget. What is the theory about having them so close to the holidays?
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    You can tell the wife your spending the $$ on x-mas gifts.
    or that she doesn't need to get you anything else image
  • Options
    why do you have to tell your wife anything? just tell her to clean the house or something image