Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Eritrea shipcoin.. (from shipcoin's collection N2)

I'm trying to make improved scans....
Here is Eritrea 1 dollar 1997 # 40

P.S. Now I have enclosed also the rev. As for darkness of the scan it might be because the coin is BUNC or may be Proof like or something like that and works like a mirror for my scaner...image

P.P.S. O'k thanks for your patience guys , I made it a little biit lighter than earlier...
N. N.

Comments

• Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Eritrea is a country I still don't have-nice coin! Scan still a little dark though...
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Nice ship coin. I think my son has an Eritrea dinosaur coin. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    Laurentyvan, any suggestions about how to solve that problem: I mean dark scan. I make here 300 dpi and 24 millions colours, than have resized it for Universe limitations , but didn't make any work with brithgness, what can you advice? (I'm working with the scaner and not with the camera)

P.S. Unfortunatelly I can't attach just now the rev. (for me ships are always obv.! ) because any icon doesn't work nowat my PC, including emotions, hope to do it tomorrow, because in that case the rev. is also something....
    N. N.
  • Options
    Thanks Trozau!

that is that coin, ufortunatelly PC doesn't want to attach the rev. of that coin now..
    N. N.
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    I'm totally uneducated when it comes to posting pics-cacheman or cosmicdebris or any of a number of other forum members should be able to give you advice.image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Not much you can do with the scanner itself, you have to put the scanned image into a photo editor(ADOBE,Printshop, etc) then you can work with it to lighten/brighten it up or change hue and saturation levels

you can try placing the coin on an incline when scanned, place it on a piece of plastic, put a toothpick under the edge(not pretty) ,,,,,, thats the idea.

Also try scanning with the cover UP and the cover DOWN,,,, it does change the scan.
  • Options
    Thanks Theboz --- I'll try to do it next time, I have now Microsoft Photoeditor!
    N. N.